5.11.2009

monday night update

today was a hard day... they prepped him late morning to do another CT scan. they warned us that he would probably have an abscess by now & that they would try to go in and drain it during the CT. it seemed to take forever for the CT prep to finish & then for them to come get him. 3 hours later, when they wheeled him back into the room, he was pissed and pained. he had been awake the whole time & though they "numbed" the sight where they went in to drain the abscess, he felt it all & boy, did it hurt! i helped him use the restroom & then get settled into bed. a few minutes later the nurse brought in some painkillers for him. that settled him down. now i can barely keep him awake. garrett's parents & brothers stopped by tonight, which was nice to have a little company. he ordered a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner & wants to "have a few bites" before he goes to sleep. i think i'll slip out quietly & go home to go to bed earlier tonight. i didn't sleep last night either [garrett slept horribly last night!] and am planning on going to work tomorrow. so - i need to take care of a few things, including getting a decent night's sleep before tomorrow.

i kinda had a breakdown today when he got back feeling so crappy. i hate seeing him hurt. i like seeing him doped up if anything. at least able to sleep & calm. thankfully, brad offered to give me a blessing, too... i took it! keep praying for my boy, please. he needs it! he's still sicky.

6 comments:

Carter Fam said...

Hayley, I've been reading everything you've been posting about Garrett and I just feel horrible. I hope things turn around for him soon. It's no fun having that happen in the first place and then to not recover as expected is even harder. I been you are worn out too. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

100 Percent Cottam said...

so sorry, hayley! this all just sucks. you're both in our prayers!

Melissa said...

Hope he gets to feeling better very soon...this does not sound fun at all!

Tori said...

I hope both of you get through this junk. Tell Garrett I love him and he is in my prayers. It's not fun reading about what's happening to him. I love you both!

em said...

We are praying for both of you, I can't believe that this is happening, it's just crazy. Love ya!

garrett said...

I tried to comment this earlier this morning. What I said then was that I love you and thank you for taking care of me! And thanks to all of those that are keeping me and Hayley in your prayers. We've got some great friends!