5.08.2009

Happy Mother's Day

last year when i said someday i hope to be half as good a momma as my neddie is, i didn't really think it was actually going to happen... this year, when i think about how in the far/near future i will be a momma [that isn't an announcement, don't read into it] i keep thinking that if i can just aim to do some of the things that she did - i'd be a great mom...

[this picture was taken by hojo, of course]

my mom believes in me. my mom laughs at me [even when maybe she shouldn't] and tells me i can do anything. she has supported me and helped me through the years. quite honestly, i think she's gotta be the strongest person alive - to survive 4 daughters. 4 head strung, opinionated daughters... who weren't always as nice as we should've been. i can only remember a few times where she put me in my place & let me tell you, they were all more than deserved...

now this year, as i'm learning about what being a wife is all about, i've reflected on my mom even more... she's been a wonderful wife to my dad. if i could be half as good a wife - then i'd probably have a pretty satisfied husband. she's done good to my dad. she's supported, she's enjoyed. even though sometimes i tease them about being embarrassed, they're best friends & aren't afraid to high five about it, either.

momma - thank you for the example you have set for me. in all ways. i love you. i'm glad that we're friends, too.

7 comments:

Holly O. said...

That is one of my all-time favorite pictures of the two of them. And you've got it so right...we were lucky to have that woman be our example.

Heather said...

Ahhhh, the high fives :) hahaha I love that little Nedra too.

Mom said...

I love my 4 beautiful daughters.
Thank you for all your thoughtful wishes. How blessed I am to have each of you.

rychelle said...

that is a beautiful photograph, and a beautiful tribute to your mom.

Dad said...

Amen!

Barb McLean said...

She's a keeper that's for sure!

MiaKatia said...

Such a sweet Mama and such a sweet post!