5.07.2009

feeling appreciated

this is teacher appreciation week at school. one of my kids gave me this picture frame [i realize it is backwards in the picture] yesterday & so i took a picture of us & got it printed last night to put in the frame [had to get other pictures from the program developed anyway] the little magnets spell out "adore" which is very generous. i love this family. i've had 2 of their kids now. i really like the mom, too... anyway - i have gotten so many treats, i don't know what to do with them. they're all sodas & chocolates. yikes. oh & his face is covered because i wouldn't post a student's face. now if i can just manage to not eat all of the goodies i've gotten...

8 comments:

Sarah Young said...

How fun! Speaking of getting goodies, holy crap Hayley, thanks for all the goodies you put in with my eye shadow! It was like Christmas morning! You're the best grilfriend! :)

Holly O. said...

That is rather fantastic to feel appreciated. I wish I was closer to take those treats off your hands.

100 Percent Cottam said...

you're looking so good! oh and also, jinx on holly. i was absolutely going to say "i wish i was closer so i could take those treats off your hands". she owes me a coke. mmm. coke.

Jennifer said...

I'm glad that you appreciate the "appreciation gifts" and don't complain about all the stuff you get from students. I've heard teachers do that and I hear where they are coming from (22 students per year times so many years teaching!) but my kids love picking 'stuff' out form their teachers and actally giving it to them. It makes them feel good. And as a parent, it made me feel good to see how much you appreciate their little gifts. Thanks! You lifted my mood today. Glad I read your blog tonight:)

Hayley said...

don't worry jennifer - i love the treats & throw a big fit - cause it really is the thought that counts. the notes that they write are the priceless gifts. it's just that the chocolate is a naughty temptation for me right now!

Emilia said...

That was one of the funner parts about when I was teaching...I loved all the christmas presents...they were always so cute!

rychelle said...

you totally deserve it!

teachers need more than a day (or week), to show them how much they are appreciated!!!

tiburon said...

Awww that is so sweet!