5.28.2009

coup me

all of this food storage mumbo jumbo [p.s. thanks to everyone that shared, i'm really excited about it] has led me down another path that i honestly never expected to see myself going down.

coupons.

i got me a nifty little expandable file for my purse. i've started clipping. i'm going to start saving like crazy, i can just feel it. we've even ordered the sunday paper.

again, i'm willing to take any & all suggestions/shares.

i'm 30. i've been an adult since i was 18. financially independent since i was 21[ish]. i bought a [town]house at 25. why is it that i just now all of a sudden feel like a real grown up? weight loss, budgets, food storage, couponing. hells bells... i even went visiting teaching today. next thing you know, i'm going to want to plant a garden.

11 comments:

Elizabeth Ward. said...

YEAH! will you be my coupon buddy?

Tori said...

You can come to my house to plant that garden if you're really feeling ambitious! :) Glad we were able to see you and Garrett the other day.

Holly O. said...

Have you taken up cross stitching yet?

I am super impressed with all the things you are doing. Start with a pot...it is quite liberating!

Hayley said...

absolutely liz. i'm not sure what it means yet, but i'll do it!

DeWald Family said...

Well you know that gardening is a great money saver, and putting away the things in your garden can give you a jump on food storage.....

Not that I have a garden or a years supply or anything... it is just what I hear all of the "adults" saying...

Shelley~Maren said...

I've heard great things about the grocery game? Anyone else?

I can teach you how to make a mean quilt too Hayls! ;-)

Mom said...

My gosh, you are a big girl now. Next thing I will hear you are sewing. I am proud of all your accomplishments.

rychelle said...

did you see this posted on AOL?
http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2009/05/28/five-fabulous-finds-sopapillas-lip-balm-and-calculators-free/?icid=main|hp-laptop|dl3|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walletpop.com%2Fblog%2F2009%2F05%2F28%2Ffive-fabulous-finds-sopapillas-lip-balm-and-calculators-free%2F

rychelle said...

also, my friend has a coupon blog. there are a lot of good links on there to other coupon blogs too.

http://sistersaving.blogspot.com/

Sarah Young said...

Haha, try it! Remember Square Foot Gardening even works on decks and patios!!!

em said...

I started couponing this year too! Its fun, I love getting stuff cheap!