4.15.2009

now, i'm crying tears of happines!

i'm a nutcase. i didn't get to talk to my dad post surgery at all yesterday. they started late & i was in a panic because i didn't get an update when i expected... it would be fair to say that yesterday was filled with a lot of stress for me. it would also be fair to say that i have an awesome husband who is patient and kind and thoughtful.

the surgery went well. a "textbook" case, i hear. apparently 3 tendons were messed up instead of just the 2 they thought. he took a couple of hours to wake up enough to send home. then, he was asleep til about 1 in the morning once he got home.

i called this morning, expecting my mom to answer - but my dad did. he sounded better than he's sounded since before moscow. he rested well... he was chipper and happy. i think he's not in a lot of pain which is good, but it won't last. i know he won't take the painkillers much longer than the doctor insists. he also goes to the doctor tomorrow for a little checkup/dressing change.

i still wish i could go home... but at least i'm not fighting the urge to blow our budget and buy tickets. i think i'll be able to wait it out.

what a relief that he sounded so good this morning. i also hear my mom is making him chocolate chip cookies... she's a good one, i say!

p.s. moscow is now a dirty word to me. in case you wondered.

7 comments:

garrett said...

Stupid Moscow. I'm so glad he's doing well! So many people praying for such a great man... looks like being a wonderful person pays off sometimes. Here's to a quick recovery. :) Love you, Hayley.

tiburon said...

So glad to hear he is doing well! I bet that is a big weight off your shoulders :)

I hate Moscow now too.

Tori said...

Glad to hear your Dad is doing well. I'm sure he can feel your love even though your not right at his side. Hang in there! :)

Holly O. said...

WTM. BTMW. Hmmmm, I am not coming up with more this morning. I'll think on it.

Schagel Family said...

I am so glad to hear that everything went well and that your dad is doing well. Take care.

Sarah Young said...

Hooray! I'm so glad everything went well and that he's home being spoiled by your Momma! Here's to recovering fast!

Aimee said...

Glad to hear he's on the mend!