4.21.2009

my *only* complaint

i don't really know if the two are related, but... i'm starting to get really sick of headaches. i started weight watchers almost 2 weeks ago & i've basically had a headache every day since then. sometimes i don't start the day off with one, but almost every single day, by the end of the day, i've got one. i really don't blame it on caffeine withdrawal, either. i've been off caffeine since the end of february.

anyone out there who knows what might be the problem? is my body in sugar/salt/grease shock? i have been drinking plenty of water, so that shouldn't be it. i am even taking a multi-vitamin. and we've even started adding a "healthy oil" to our smoothies in the morning... flax seed oil. i'm eating more fruits and veggies than i ever have before. i am also taking more ibuprofen than usual, too...

side note, for anyone really attempting to diagnose me: i've also had quite a few migraines lately. and, since starting this diet/new way of life - my system just hasn't been as regular/often. i'll spare more details unless further probed :) the stinky thing is that it's probably just my body adjusting... but really, i am done with the consta-headache.

6 comments:

Chelsea Pickup said...

There was a lady in my class who had been on the program for about two weeks and she said since she started she has had headaches. The leader told her it is sugar and water related. If you are drinking enough water then you may want to throw in some crystal light or something a little sugary to help with the headaches. Good luck! Also it took my body a few weeks to get "regular". Once you start eating a lot of veggies that helps a lot.

Lorena said...

I have constant migraines since forEVER and I finally just got tired of going to the doctor...you know to see if it was a tumor or something. But I know I get them ALWAYS whether I'm dieting or not...
Great that you're losing weight...sucks that you have to deal with headaches...keep at it. it might just be that adjusting period.

Shelley~Maren said...

The big guy Wade I'm training with says eat a Banana and an apple for breakfast. Also your body is probably in detox mode, and that stuff is going to hurt for a while. Get a massage to help get it out, and relax you a little.

Um... He also told me to increase my citrus intake to 3 a day. That is SO hard for me. But instead of fake sugars, it's a great replacement!

And a little you know what can relieve a headache too, so the "not tonight honey, I have a headache" excuse doesn't fly. ;)

Good luck!

Aimee said...

I agree... sounds like your body is detoxing.

Or... with all of the fluctuating weather patterns lately, could your headaches be sinus-related? I always have chronic headaches this time of year.

tiburon said...

It takes me 2 full weeks to "detox" off of sugar and caffeine.

I hope they pass quick!!!

Jennifer said...

Haley, I wonder if its the sugar withdrawal too. I hope the headaches get better. You know, you've inspired me. I may just start here soon. Tell me it'll be ok. I really like my food:) I did it for two weeks and saw success, but I mourned the fast food. Its was my friend moved away...again:( You are doing great though, and that inspires me. Thanks.