4.02.2009

i'll get in trouble, so i'll do it while he's gone

my dad doesn't come home til tomorrow night. and chances are he might not read back posts on my blog. if he does, i'll take the consequence of what's to come... it's funny. but if he does read, rest assured, i'll get a talking to about this one.

background: everyone knows what wtf stands for... right? if you don't - go bang your head against the wall & you'll figure it out. i've been known to say "w.t.f." a few times, not really the whole thing...

well, a while back, i was texting back and forth with hojo, who probably brings out my naughtiest side... and i made up a new one. btfw. it's "by the way" with a little added umph. feel free to use it. but be sure that when you use it, you're wanting that extra emphasis.

and i'll go back to being the rascal daughter my dad has to shake his head at often. luckily for me - i don't live under his roof and there's really nothing he can do to me. except maybe sic my mom on me. is that how you spell sic in this instance???

mom... this is kinda like mofo. you are the only person i recommend not to use this one. you might get in trouble, too.

not to leave out another sister... she's just not as naughty, but she tends to bring out my naughty side, too. i like to get a rise out of that one! i think she's more like my dad... wanting to hide her laughter sometimes.

10 comments:

Shelley~Maren said...

Sometimes I say "wtf" in normal conversation... like say each letter. I feel bad when I say it around my family... they're more like your dad. :)

Heather said...

hahahaha Hayley. I saw your usage of btfw in an email (the music stuff) and it took me only a second or two to figure it out. We are all the same, just different degrees. xo

Heather said...

btw, (no f needed) I used my "cleaning" cloth on my James Avery, and it took off a lot of stuff. You need one.

Heather B said...

Can also stand for "back the ____ up." LIke, "Wait, say that again." I use that one too. At least my naughty side does. :)

100 Percent Cottam said...

wtf doesn't have to be naughty. i use it occassionally when texting and to me it means "what the freak", of course. :) i don't use omg, of course, because i'm goodie two shoes, but it could easily be "oh my goodness" golly gee whiz, so there. in fact, i may start using ggw and you'll know what it means. did i take the fun out of it?

Mom said...

After reading all the comments I figured it out.

Tori said...

Your poor poor parents. ;P Hehehe

Holly O. said...

I avoid the OMG business too. But I do enjoy a wtf and the btfw is the funniest thing EVER. You are a genius.

Barb McLean said...

Spike and Nedra...I'll hold her down while you spank her... then we'll round up Holly for some of the same... Heather is only playing along... in her heart she has to be shocked, and Heidi is reading all of this incognito and secretly smiling. As for me... the mother of all dirties (the F bomb) does not cross my lips even as an acronym... I do have some favorites that are my go-to's when I need them though. Haley...where have you been all my life? You crack me up!

tara said...

hayley you are officially my favorite person the entire mofo world. As i told holly yesterday, btfw is pure genius. period. i'm all about the acronyms.