4.08.2009

draft #3

this is the third post i've started in the last 2 days... the first two i was just going to whine about my migraine... it started sunday night. lasted until last night. but i woke up feeling so much better this morning. so aside from thanking my wonderful husband for taking care of me - i'm done talking about it. thanks garrett... you're the best.

last night some dipshit in my complex who lives across the street from me apparently almost burned her house down. cause of throwing away a ciggy butt in her own garage. i'm trying to go to sleep... all of a sudden, it's very loud outside & i see flashing lights. i say to garrett, "what's that noise out there?" he thought it was just a car out on the street. silly boy. turns out there were 3 or 4 fire engines, 2 ambulances & 1 other fire truck. just a car, right? must've been a diesel. aside from a little extra commotion and excitement for the evening, i started to feel a little irritated. we share common walls, we have an extra obligation to be careful. cause if i were to burn down my house, there would be at least 2 other families that would suffer as well. besides, isn't it just lazy & wrong to throw your butts in your own garage? can't make it to the garbage? can't use an ash tray? fine. just burn your house down. that'll be easier.

so. i think we're joining weight watchers today. it didn't happen last night. i'm nervous and excited. i fear i'll be hungry and grumpy all of the time. but, the good news is that yesterday when i had a dr pepper to help my migraine, i didn't enjoy it near as much as i used to. it was really sweet. almost overwhelmingly so.

and - i just donated to tib's little ride she'll be doing for her son this summer... if you haven't heard about it, go here. or check out my button on the side... you can do it - put your back into it.

5 comments:

Shelley~Maren said...

Sorry about the migraine. I keep wondering when my next one is going to hit... when they do, they're doozies. I've only been able to "fend off" one... with Imitrex. It was a sample from the Dr. Then I was in Canada for way too long, I should maybe ask my dr. for some more... or maybe it was Zomig... one of those two was amazing. At the first sign of migraine, I took it and it was GONE. Awesome.

As for WW... I'm still thinkin' about it... I *am* exercising again, maybe anything more would be pushin' it.

TheFirstWard said...

Sorry about your migraine Hayley, but I'm glad it is over. I thing people that can't take care of their cigarette butts, ought to have their butts thrown in jail!

Holly O. said...

I can't believe there was a fire! That is freaky dinky. No butts allowed!!!!

Katey said...

Oh man I'm laughing so hard right now. That is so funny yet not. Garrett has quite the opinion about cigarette butt's too so I'd love to hear his take on the whole thing. Some people are just stupid, that's it!

tiburon said...

Thank you so much for the shoutout and for the donation! You are awesome and you rock the house :)