4.17.2009

did he put his back into it?

when i was off track in march, garrett & i went down to st. george for a little extended weekend o' fun. i thoroughly enjoyed my time with my bubbs. you might remember i told willy to "put his back into it" when he was struggling with his costco ice cream. "you can do it, put your back into it" has been a little phrase that i'm stuck on lately. i say it all the time. i said it a lot to those kids that weekend.

move forward about a month... i get an email from holly this morning. this is what she wrote:

"Connor just came running into my office.

C: I really need to go to the bathroom.
Me: You can do it.
C: Put your back into it.

No joke"


and then, i got this:

"i asked him where he learned that and he said 'mommy, you say it all the time!'
i asked him where I learned it and he said 'hmmm. I can't remember. probably hayley.'"
[thanks hojo for the picture on demand, now get back to your business...]

i officially couldn't love that kid more! i can't wait to see him in a few weeks.

5 comments:

garrett said...

Connor! He's a cute one. I can't wait to see both those boys either!

Holly O. said...

What work do I need to get back to?

Carter Fam said...

Hayley, you seriously crack me up! Thanks for the comment on my blog-I needed the laugh. You're the best!

tiburon said...

That is too stinkin cute!

Dad said...

I'm glad his auntie loves him.