4.01.2009

crimpsalot

this morning my flat iron wouldn't work. it wasn't the circuit, cause my blow dryer worked fine. my flat iron is a few years old. and apparently it was spent.

i'm not spending the big bucks to get a chi. but i am going to get a ceramic one. and i'm going to get it at target, cause i have gift card money. anyone recently purchase a decent flat iron at target that they wanna recommend?

i'm not going to lie... this guy right now is right up my price range.

and if you see me before tomorrow morning, yes, i am aware of my horrid hair today.

UPDATE: I went with a $25 Revlon model. My "sally beauty supply way more expensive than this, but not as bad as a chi" model lasted a few years... but right now I wasn't willing to spend $150 on it {don't forget my budget} and I had used Heather's at Christmas & liked it just fine. Thanks for your input though!!! I'm happy & my budget is still intact.

7 comments:

Sarah Young said...

Not gonna lie... I got the revlon first a couple of years ago and wasn't impressed. It fried my hair and didn't do a great job. So I sprung for the Chi about a year and a half ago and have been fabulously happy with it. They sell Chi at Target too, so you could put your gift card towards it. Take it for whatever it's worth! ;)

Katey said...

That really stinks that it bit the dust. I fear the day that happens cause my hair is frightful without it.

The chi is really the bestest ever or the knock off one they sell at Sally's Beauty supply. Hopefully you find one that does the trick though.

Aimee said...

No way. My flat iron died this week, too! Well, it still heats up, but I think it has hot spots and was starting to fry my hair - literally. When my hair strands started kinking up on themselves, I figured I deserved a new one.

I've had a CHI before... and thought it was nothing special... b/c it died about a year later. So, if my hair tools are gonna pass on that quickly, I figure I probably shouldn't be spending too much money on them.

I just bought a new flat iron yesterday at Target: http://www.stylewithremington.com/tstudio/tourmaline/S-1051.shtml It was less than $40. I've only used it once, and kept the temp kinda low (about 360). WOW. I had my whole 'do defrizzed and smooth within 4 minutes. Plus, my hair still felt soft and was very shiny! I sure hope this one's a keeper...

Holly O. said...

Hmmmmmm. I have never been that impressed with the Revlon products. I mean, nail polish is coo', but not the electronics. Did you get one? Is it okay?

Melissa said...

I know CHI's are way expensive, but I really haven't found many as good. Happy hunting...

tiburon said...

I have this one: http://www.etailelectronics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=03961&Category_Code=HairCare&Store_Code=etail

And for under $25 it works just great. :)

Suzie said...

Chi's are a bit overrated and overpriced, I think. Good luck with your search! Keep us posted. We need a new one at our house.