4.23.2009

2 short weeks... lots of changes

i'm down almost 7 pounds. i wasn't expecting great big rewards last night & when i saw that i lost almost 3 more pounds, i was thrilled. keep in mind last weekend, i was naughty & ate a lot more than i should've. so monday and tuesday we went for walks and i just credited it to making up for eating like a piggie.

but i'm starting to notice some changes in me. biggest change - i don't even crave the dr pepper or soda anymore. i'm almost having an identity crisis. i've loved and lived on dr pepper for so long. who am i now? [don't worry, i'm mostly kidding.] but seriously, i used to not even like water. now, i crave it. even love it? for snacks, i'm looking at a piece of fruit as a good choice. usually either a clementine or an apple. i keep thinking that we need to be buying whole wheat whatever. last night, i even bought a package of whole wheat macaroni and cheese. and i get excited when i go down the aisle at the store and find the weight watchers ice cream. 2 points for a little cup. so totally worth that little splurge, which i'm not going to lie - it tastes pretty good. i'm also starting to feel a little bummed out about being busy at night, so we won't have time to go for a walk. i've even driven around the neighborhood seeing how long certain routes are, so that we can beat our 3 mile walk... we're going to step it up to 4 miles. me? are you serious? who would've ever guessed that i would voluntarily extend my workouts. but really - going on an hour long walk with my favorite person, where we talk and just enjoy each other's companionship... ok, so sometimes we don't talk a ton, cause we do walk fast enough that we get a little winded.

you don't even want to get me started on my spending habits, either. you wouldn't recognize me. watching conference and going to church makes me feel good... we're not whole food supply storage ready, but we're working in the right direction. we're getting out of debt. we're building savings. we're living within our means. i'm learning that a budget is controlling, but in the opposite way of what i used to perceive a budget. i'm in control. we have money for the things we need, and even want. i love it. anyway - i'll shut up about it... but know that i've found a new source of happiness in financial structure.

my goal for this week: 4 more workouts/walks. no "letting loose." daily scripture study with garrett. (that's another goal we're working on... we're not quite to every day yet, but we're getting better and better at it) SERIOUSLY, WHO AM I? i used to be indulgent, lazy, crass, slothful even.

11 comments:

garrett said...

Way to go on the weight loss, babe!! I'm so proud of you. I'm also grateful for your work on the budget stuff and helping me remember scriptures and prayer and stuff. I like making these steps with you. It's gonna make our family so strong and a great place to raise our kids. Love you.

Holly O. said...

You can still be crass, right? I mean, don't take ALL THE FUN out of the Goose.

Sarah Young said...

WAHOO! You go Hayley! Doesn't life just feel so good when you're on top of things rather than always feeling like you're chasing your tail?! Keep up all the good work!

Tori said...

Way to go! VERY impressive. I can't wait to loose 7 pounds. he he. I agree, life feels great when you're on top of things, not getting run over by them. How are the headaches though? Thanks for the concern over Camryn. She's doing fine. You should see the hole in her mouth today - nasty! Because her lip is nice and fat, she has to suck her spit up every now and then. That part is kind of cute.

Mom said...

You are heading in the right direction in so many ways. Keep up the good work. I'm proud of you.

Melissa said...

Yeah...great big accomplishments!!!! I hate you :)

Heather said...

Look at you!!! Way to go Sister. I'm glad you are finding joy and happiness in eating well and exercising. You keep workin it there. If you ever want to step it up several notches on the workout go check out crossfit.com there are some tough moves, but mostly things can be done at home with little to no equipement. You need a jump rope. xo

Jamie said...

Good job girl!! I should start on that weight watcher's thing. Cuz what I'm doin aint doin it if you know what I mean

em said...

I'm going to try to channel your positive energy, maybe it will rub off on me.

HeRoosSheRoos said...

You go girl!

Shelley~Maren said...

That is AWESOME! And honestly, I'm a little jealous! I bet it helps a TON having your hubby do it with you. (no pun intended. ;) )