3.21.2009

please don't go changing on me now...

with that being said, i have noticed lately a few things in the blogging world & they kinda... do something. i don't think i feel strongly enough to say bug me. but they do catch my attention. and i'm not trying to call anyone out, i just think it's funny & so i'm saying it. please don't feel offended. i'm just stating an opinion or something. and since this is my blog, i can.

  • i've noticed that since Garrett & i got married, every once in a while i notice in people's list that my blog is listed as the Ward family. it tickles me. mostly cause my name isn't jones any more and i'm still getting used to it. but also i think its funny cause i think people just glom married people into a family. garrett has his own blog. i have mine. we've talked about it, we won't be creating a joint blog. my blog is and always will be my perspective on things. and not just pictures of my kids smiling on the couch. don't get me wrong, if you post pictures of your kids smiling on the couch, i love it... yours is probably more of a family blog. i realize that i rant a lot less now - and that is because of garrett and this little family that we're building. but i've still got the same ol' piss and vinegar in me. it just comes out more now in private jokes that wouldn't be appropriate to share. cause parental units read. ;)
  • i always get a kick out of people thinking they have the right to express opinions about my blog. do you think i care? rest assured i don't. so if you don't like something about what i say or how i do it, don't bother to let loose on me. it might get said. you might get it out there. but i'm not going to change. i do it my way for a reason & i don't have to explain myself. it doesn't mean i'm dumb. it doesn't mean i can't spell, capitalize or grammatize properly. i can. hells sake - i am college educated & teach kids all the time how to do things the right way. and hopefully, i'll be big enough to keep my opinions about you quiet.
  • i know for a fact that there are people out there who are fakey on their blogs. maybe fake isn't the word - maybe it's more like "keeping up with the joneses," especially in the mormon community of competition to look the most righteous. i am not one of those people. i don't do fake. i do quiet & polite, but not fake. everyone has things that they don't want to the whole world to know - but i've always been pretty open. some details are left out mostly just cause - but if you were to ask, i would for sure tell you anything, probably in a private email. there was a time in the last few years where i wasn't as happy as i am now, and my dark side was shown more, i realize. right now, i am as genuinely happy as i seem. in fact, i would say that most of how i feel can't even begin to be expressed on my blog.
  • when i first got started blogging, there was a small little circle of people that i cared about. then things got a little crazy & it seems like that world just kept multiplying. then, quite honestly, it got too big for its britches. i use google reader, but i comment a lot less. my family has grown. i don't comment on every post in my family circle, but i try. family is honestly my highest priority & interest now. then i go back to my beginning circle of blogging friends, cause for whatever reason they won my heart over a year plus some ago & they still entertain me. then i go to real life friends - the ones that if i don't comment on, they know i love them & i don't feel the need to "keep up" with. i've pretty much gotten over the need to "owe" anyone comments. i don't participate in every giveaway (mostly cause i've always thought they were a little pimped) and i don't do every themed post. i don't have time & i just don't care enough. and i've never been big on doing things out of obligation. it's your thing. have fun. relax a little & don't be hurt at me if i don't do it, too.
so. all in all - be happy. i'm happy. blog for yourself. let us hear your voice. you've heard mine now. good day. and please, if you have my blog listed as the ward family - don't change it.

19 comments:

Heather B said...

I think it's so funny that you posted this. When I first added you as a link on my blog, I added you as "Hayley and Garrett" because I didn't know that Garret had his own blog, and I assumed that you would be sharing after you got married. Then after you got married and I found Garrett's blog, I was going to change you back to "Hayley" but I didn't want you to be offended. Not that I think you offend easily, but... Anyway, I may change you to just yourself. We'll see what makes me happy when I blog for me. :)

Holly O. said...

Obviously you misunderstood what I meant this morning.

Holly O. said...

That last comment prolly seemed like I was mad. I wasn't. And if you complain about me posting pictures of my kids one more time, I will beat you. I do it for you!!! Just kidding. I don't. I do it for me.

Holly O. said...

I think I need to leave one more comment. I'm with you on the comments thing. 100%.

Katey said...

I'm totally an open book! If you want to know, just ask but if you aren't going to like the real thing, don't ask or don't read. I'm glad you are real and don't sugar coat or down play. It's not necessary. I find myself to be similar in that respect. There is no reason to be fake and if people don't like the real true you...too bad for them. I like it. The more real the better!

This post makes me like you even more than I already do! Way to just say it how it is. :)

100 Percent Cottam said...

i hearty heart you.

Jan said...

I so loved your comments here. You're right on. And FYI - just 'cause I don't comment as often as I used to (go Google Reader!) doesn't mean I'm not reading - I am and I love how happy you are.

kristi lee said...

You make me laugh! I don't comment on your blog often because of some of the reasons you mentioned...there are just too many blogs...but I always check in and you always make me smile. THANKS, lady!

Emilia said...

Brilliantly and fantastically said. :) Hope all is well!

Hayley said...

please, no one take this personal. it for sure wasn't directed at you, holly. i knew you were't saying i was dumb. or am dumb. but i guess that got me thinking. just clarifying. my panties aren't in a ruffle. i'm not mad at anyone. i'm just sayin' is all. relax!

Holly O. said...

I'm totally relaxed.

Suzanne said...

Um, I hope you know I was just teasing about you teaching the kids not to capitalize. I know you're a smart girl :)

Melissa said...

Ok then... I heart U

Aimee said...

You're rad. I love that you posted this. So true. So real.

Shelley~Maren said...

This is why I love Hayley. She's not afraid of ridicule, or anything. I've always admired that about you. Way back on Kam Highway when you so freely expressed yourself ;) ;). You rock, and I love it. Have fun getting your name changed today! :)

Heather said...

I liked blogging more when people commented more, but I can't complain because I don't comment as much either. Oh well,r igth? i like the no caps thing, who has a problem with it i'll beat them up? haha Maybe I don't have picures of my kids on the couch, but I put plenty of pictures on there. You will too, I'm sure of it. Blog fakeness is just a fact of life. No question of that!!

Christina said...

Loved this post, Hayley. So right on about so many things.

em said...

I love this post! I've changed a lot how I blog, because of some of the things you mentioned. I miss the old me. I worry too much about what other people will think if I write about what I really think.

tiburon said...

I totally agree - blogging has changed.

And funny that the people who I was "in" with a year ago....now? notsomuch.

And I am okay with it.

I know where you live ;)