3.28.2009

our love will pay the bills

big fan of ingrid over here. big fan. i've even seen her live (can i get a what what jamie?)

one of my current favorites is her song "you and i" it goes a little something like this:

Don't you worry there my honey
We might not have any money
But we've got our love to pay the bills

Maybe I think you're cute and funny
Maybe I wanna do want bunnies do with you if you know what I mean

Oh lets get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France
Lets get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance
Lets get rich and build a house on a mountain making everybody look like ants
From way up there, you and I, you and I

Well you might be a bit confused
And you might be a little bit bruised
But baby how we spoon like no one else
So I will help you read those books
If you will soothe my worried looks
And we will put the lonesome on the shelf

Lets get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France
Lets get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance
Lets get rich and build a house on a mountain making everybody look like ants
From way up there, you and I, you and I

Lets get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France
Lets get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance
Lets get rich and build a house on a mountain making everybody look like ants
From way up there, you and I, you and I

garrett & i aren't rich, that's for sure. but everytime i hear the line "don't you worry there my honey, we might not have any money but we've got our love to pay the bills," i smile. cause that line hits home for me. i don't think we'll ever be rich & i'm certainly fine with that. but i do know that he'll take care of me and our future children.

we've been working a lot lately on getting a budget set up for ourselves. i'm motivated to stick to it, because i know where it'll put us for the future. and when i think about those things, i feel like the richest girl in the world. so watch out. i might start giving out nice sweaters. :)

ahhh... here's a little youtube linky if you wanna listen to the song.

8 comments:

Holly O. said...

We know you have the bunny thing down. Don't post this comment!!!

garrett said...

We'll always be able to pay the bills! Love you, Hayley. I appreciate SO MUCH that you have put such a great effort into our new budget. It will be a great tool for us and help our family out so much. You're the best, my love.

Sarah Young said...

Oooh, I like her voice! I feel the same way Hayley! I'd take the spoon sessions, someone soothing my worried brow and the doing what bunnies do over just cold hard cash anyday!

Aimee said...

LOVE Ms. Ingrid! I knew you had great taste! ;)

Heather said...

You go Hayley on the budget thing. haha on Holly's comment. :)

Holly O. said...

You weren't supposed to post my comment!!!

Mom said...

What bunny thing?

Jamie Harker said...

what what!! haha. Sorry I'm slow and haven't viewed blogs in 100 years. That was a fun concert.