3.23.2009

the most special baking i ever did do

for my 30th birthday, brookey sent me this little basket o' heaven. seriously - dublin dr pepper made with imperial sugar cane. 2 glass bottles. cake mix, chocolate frosting mix, dr pepper beef jerky, and dr pepper jelly bellys. well, yesterday i got all set to make the cake to go with our fabulous dinner... then realized we'd used the last of the eggs for breakfast on saturday and hadn't gone to the store to replace. so today, while i was out doing my million and one errands, i hit the store & got those eggies. and then i came home and had a baking bonanza. seriously, i was skyping with holly & the boys & even talking to connor and watching wilbur try to get things with his tongue out wasn't enough to delay my baking. brooke - you hit the jackpot with this present - thank you so much! i only wish i could share it. well. maybe. ;)
then once it was in the oven, i was left with a little time to lick this guy clean
yes. that is my initials in the frosting. i had to mark it.
two of my favorite things. i even shared the drink.

oh & p.s. - you don't know how bad i wanna disappear for a few days & go to this event!

oh holy hell. guess what i just found? dr pepper syrup!!! and marinade. oh my gosh. i'm shaking. i might've just yelled out "we should've registered here!" i think garrett's a little scared. rightfully so.

10 comments:

Sarah Young said...

Girl you crack me up! My friend came walking up to the park today with a Dr. Pepper t-shirt on and I immediately thought of you!

Mom said...

I love the ad where the Dr. Pepper is dancing down the grocery aisle
and it is a real celebration!!!! You are my Dr. Pepper girl.

Katey said...

That is the greatest thing ever! I'm so glad you have something fun to be passionate about and that any little added detail about Dr. Pepper excites you. So great! I now think of you often when I see Dr. Pepper. :)

tara said...

SERIOUSLY? DP jerky? insanely brilliant. i wonder if it comes in diet. i happen to adore diet DP.

cute picture of garrett too:)

Holly O. said...

Does the cake taste like DP? I know, I know, I have to come up there if I want a taste.

tiburon said...

She clearly knows the way to your heart! ;)

Brooke Barragan said...

hey, it's your 30th. i figgered you needed some good lovin' being that old.

Carter Fam said...

That is so cool that there is so much Dr P. stuff out there in the world!! You are so funny, and thanks for your sweet words on my blog- I appreciate the compliments.
Hope you are adjusting well to married life, I am so happy for you!

Tori said...

I just want to know how it all tasted? I still need to get you that tomato BACON past recipe. I'm a little slow sometimes. :)

Heather said...

How did it taste? Could you tell there was DP in it?