2.23.2009

i should've thought of that before!

so this weekend, we went down with Garrett's family to Scofield, where his sister's in-laws have a lovely cabin. so many fun stories i could share, but that's not the point of this post.

the point is: i solved a major sleeping problem. and i lived to tell.

before we got married, i enjoyed having a queen sized mattress all to myself. many pillows were placed around the bed for proper comfort. i also slept in the middle of the bed, but more towards the left side. but all of my nightstandy stuff is on the right side. so when Garrett joined me in my house, i automatically just assumed i'd sleep by my nightstand stuff. and then proceeded for over a month to not sleep well. (i never blamed it all on his snoring. for the record. i fully recognized that i'm a freakish sleeper.)

then this weekend, the room that we stayed on had a nightstand on the left side of the bed. the first night we were there, it was late & i was exhausted... so while the rest of them were playing Guitar Hero, i eventually snuck up to bed. and got in on the left side, by the nightstand. put my ear plugs in and was off to sleep pretty quickly. when Garrett came in, he got in on the right side. the next morning, i had slept so well, i was shocked. the next night, i slept as well, again.

last night, we got home & switched around night stand stuff & then i got a wonderful night's sleep again. still using ear plugs & he's still wearing his breathe right strips - but hey - i woke up rested & comfortable. pain free, even. no achy body, no restless night - tossing and turning, being bothered by snoring.

i am so happy to have made this discovery. when i'm off track, i might even sleep without the ear plugs, cause they do still hurt my ear. i know, i know. that's wild and crazy. i only said might though, so calm yourself.

11 comments:

Holly O. said...

A good night's sleep is such a beautiful thing!

Jessie said...

Hayley! I found your blog through Brookey's blog, and I have to say that you CRACK ME UP!

Jeff is a snorer too so I have had to learn tricks to getting a good night's sleep as well. Ear plugs hurt my ears too... but I have found some that don't seem to be quite as bad: "Sleep Pretty in Pink".... They're hot pink, but smaller that the others I have found so they hurt less! Good luck!

Aimee said...

You are too funny!

Heather said...

I'm glad you made that happy little discovery. Snoring does drive me nuts too!!!!!!!!

pammy said...

chris is always trying to steal my side of the bed! It must really be true! Also, do the breathe right strips help with the snoring?????

Brie said...

it took me a while to figure the whole sleeping thing out too...i slept in the middle of the bed as well..we finally got a king and now sleep in our own zip codes...its fabulous when u find what works..

Sarah Young said...

Hayley, you're a piece of work! ;)

MiaKatia said...

Oh the side of the bed conundrum! I am so particular about what side I sleep on and it totally matters how good of sleep I get. Good thing you figured it out. I snore when I am pregnant and I think I personally would die without breathe rite strips because my snoring even bothers me.

tiburon said...

I am so glad.

A rested Hayley is a good Hayley.

Shelley~Maren said...

Such an odd discovery... and it had nothing to do with snoring. hmmmm

Julie said...

LOL! Sleep is important. The funny thing is when I first got married I couldn't sleep because Brent was there- now if he isn't I CANNOT fall asleep- so unfair. BTW I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair-smile!