2.16.2009

i hate waking up early when i don't have to

i woke up this morning in the 5s. cause something was haunting me. my office, specifically. the last half of 2008 was a wonderful year for me in most areas of my life. but not in the "keep your office organized & keep up to date on paperwork" department. including bill organization & mary kay.

so. we decided to not go to the movie today, so that i could do some work. cause if i woke up early, i am stressing it. and that would cause me to be motivated, so as to not wake up early about it again. we spent the better part of this morning organizing bills. sounds fun, right? not so much. only cause garrett makes me laugh.

then, we've spent the better part of this evening getting caught up on mary kay. by we've - i mean me & my many personalities. apparently i talk to myself a lot when i'm working on mary kay. and sing some times. garrett's in here working on the thank you list compilation. (which i love him for, cause that was just another item on my agenda. and i don't think it's fun.)

next up: thank yous, taxes & the dreaded return of p90x. (don't worry mom, thank yous first!)

we're almost through our first month of marriage. and i allowed myself one month before i worried and felt guilty about thank yous. (cause there were other things to do, right?) now it's time to take care of them, we really did receive many generous gifts & have had so much fun enjoying everything. rock band & guitar hero (which i might add i've gotten better and better at!!! i can do medium on rock band drums without even using the no fail option) will just have to wait.

now if only i could find my w-2 form at school tomorrow so that i don't have to pay $5 to get a new copy...

6 comments:

Mom said...

It is a good feeling to organize. I folded all my socks in a row according to color. Can you believe that. That is not a me thing to do but I love it. I keep looking over what I want to attack next. Nice you are working on your list of things to do.

Heather said...

I forgot to say in my comment on your other post, I like to say "just for shits and giggles" too. It makes me laugh. It sucks, but yep when things stress you out and keep you up you just need to take care of them! Way to go. Just for the record, I don't like doing thanks yous either!!

tiburon said...

I hate it when that happens too. I hate Sunday mornings when I can totally sleep until 9 and my body wakes up at 5. It sucks.

Aimee said...

Not sure why I never enforced this rule at my house... and now I fear that I've set too much of a precendent. But, try to get Garrett to share in the thank-yous department... maybe even 50-50 or 40-60 or heck, even 10-90. Every little bit helps. I seriously got a blister on my finger from writing thank yous after our wedding - and it made me a little less grateful for the generous gifts we had received - and I hated that. Should have made Brian more of an equal opportunity partner... especially since we got way more gifts from his side. He's enjoying the gifts as much as I am, right??

Holly O. said...

Happy one month anniversary!!!! I better get my thank you in the mail pronto. And I want you both to have signed it.

Melissa said...

I love to organize...just invite me over anytime!! You sip your Dr. and I'll pound the DC and it'll be all fun.