1.26.2009

the run down on the wedding day

well... i know it happened over a week ago & some people might not care anymore - but this is my blog, so i can do whatever i want.

friday night, my family had arrived. we had to set up tables at the church & we recruited a little help. my parents also provided pizza & dinner. setting up tables - not that i did any of the work, i realize - didn't take long, but it was sure fun to have that time to visit with people. after that, the party moved back to heidi's house for some more visiting... eventually i dragged my parents home with me. i've lived alone the majority of my life since graduating from college & loved it just fine - but didn't want to spend my last night alone. it was really nice to have my parents there that night with me. i got to snuggle with my mom (my dad slept in the guest room, in the extra bed) also, since i hadn't been sleeping - i took some tylenol p.m. and actually slept.

saturday morning, i woke up so excited. i asked my dad to give me a father's blessing before we left to get the day started. my dad has always given me (us) a blessing whenever necessary. i just wanted one that morning. it was such a sweet little time that morning. we all sat and cried. we were so excited and happy, my wedding day was an answer to so many prayers - probably most of all mine & my parents. we took a few pictures before we left the house. you can see the tears...

we went to grab a little breakfast & then we went to get my hair done. the girl that does my hair is so fun - she does a good job & she's just so personable. i swear, she was just as excited as me that morning :) garrett came and picked us up (didn't make my dad stay, he took my car & went back over to my sister's house) and eventually took us back to heidi's too so we could all get dressed. then garrett and i went to the temple together. my parents followed us & we met garrett's parents there. which started the next portion of the day that i like to refer to as "hot, sweaty, emotional, crybaby hayley during the most special hour or so ever." i was super hot. and i sweated a lot. and on top of that, i couldn't stop crying during the whole temple experience. it was so amazing & i can't really even think about it without getting teary again. i won't say anything about it, cause it's so special to me, but i will say this: i'm so thankful for the blessings in my life, in my family - with Garrett.



coming out of the temple - we took a bunch of pictures. i'm sorry if i look cranky in some of the pictures, i wasn't at all - i just have super sensitive eyes & didn't have my sunglasses on. a headache was coming on in a matter of moments. luckily for us - the weather was beatiful outside! mid 40's & sunny.
then we headed to the luncheon, that garrett's parents did. it was lovely! we got to eat (which, if you know me, is super important to me. yes, even on my wedding day...) garrett's brother McKay did a wonderful job of keeping me in supply with Dr Pepper. :) one of my favorite parts about the whole day was that i knew i always had a dr close by!
later that evening, we had time for a few family pictures before the reception crowd started. here's a glimpse of the crowd: then people came & came & came. it was so much fun. i loved seeing/meeting old family friends, my friends, garrett's friends, his old family friends... we just had a great time. it was very busy and we really didn't get to do more than say hi to everyone. before i knew it, the reception was over & just moments before the line had finally died. we had enough time to steal a couple deviled eggs & change & hit the road. it all went so fast. but we had fun & enjoyed ourselves the whole time. i can't complain about anything!!!
the cake & the cutting of the cake. garrett was warned specifically that there would be no smashing of cake in faces. i know i'm trashy in many areas... but not when it comes to cake smashing. i wouldn't have been a happy girl. luckily, he didn't - we just had to get through the awkwardness of cutting the cake with hundreds of people watching. it was hard!
then there was just a lot of people & special little moments...
all in all - my wedding day was perfect. everything was wonderful - thanks again to our parents & family, it was so great because of you, too. i felt so blessed & lucky. i still do. it was just the best day of my life. followed by the best week of my life. i am still on cloud nine.

18 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

awww, so beautiful! so happy for you guys!

Kristin Jones said...

I'm so glad that you posted pictures. What a beautiful day! I only wish I could have been there. So glad that you're so happy!!!

Amy said...

**sigh** Just gorgeous...you guys, the room, everything! Thanks for sharing your special day. So many people are so happy that you found each other! Don't apologize for staying on cloud nine for a long time!

Mom said...

It is like a dream now. Thanks for the pictures.

Holly O. said...

Ahhhhh. Makes me wish we were all together again!

tiburon said...

Hayley it really was a beautiful day. I couldn't be any happier for you and Garrett.

Thanks for letting us share in your fun!

Barb McLean said...

I am sitting here at my computer with tears of joy and love in my eyes for your sweet family. Your wedding morning sounded so special and the tears in Mike & Marleens eyes made me bawl. The Jones girls have all grown up to be such beautiful, incredible women! Loved all the pics of the reception...it was the next best thing to being there. I wish you more joy than one heart can hold!

Heather said...

So fun, but it all seems like a dream now, were we really there? I wish I took more pictures. Dang it! but you have some good ones. xo

J+S said...

I am so glad you had a great day. I love the flowers.

MiaKatia said...

Thanks for sharing that special day with us. It does look so happy and so wonderful!

Schagel Family said...

Thank you for sharing all the pictures, since I didn't get very many, and the greatest day of your life with us. Everything was so beautiful, expecially you! I loved being there with you and getting to see your family again. I really liked that I finally got to meet Garrett. He is everything I thought he would be. I am so very happy for you guys. I love you tons.

Melissa said...

It was a beautiful day for you I'm sure and you looked beautiful!!!

Mike and Gin said...

Thanks for sharing your special day. What a lovely post....We can tell you are so in love! Enjoy it!

Aimee said...

Congratulations! You looked gorgeous on your wedding day... marriage looks like it suits you very well. Glad your special day turned out so well!

Shelley~Maren said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures too! It *almost* feels like I was there! So, enough about the wedding...

How was the honeymoon!? hah!

Love you guys! You're gorgeous!

Katey said...

I'm so grateful I got to be there for the whole day with you both and share in the greatness. It was fabulous! I somehow missed out on watching the cake cutting but the pictures show the event quite well. I feel most special about making a debut on your blog. :)

P.S. I'm so happy for you guys!!

HeRoosSheRoos said...

Looks like a perfect wedding day! Congratulations.

Julie said...

Oh I am SO happy that you posted about your wedding. I'm sad I missed it. Your dress is amazing and I really liked the table decorations. It was so fun to read and I am so very happy for you.