1.28.2009

he makes a house a home

i can't get over how much home-y-er the house is. it's amazing to me. i've lived in my place for almost 5 years. and it's been fine & all... but now all of a sudden, it really feels like home. like the way the house i grew up in did. like there's no place i'd rather be. it's lived in & used. gone are the days where i basically just slept there. gone are the days when groceries were thrown away because of a rotting smell... now, they're being used and eaten. my husband (and yes, huge smile on my face typing that) has tools in the garage that we've put to use. our dishwasher is being used on an almost daily basis. we're making meals at home & just enjoying being home together. there were a few times last week where i was overwhelmed with it being our home. crazy. i didn't realize it would happen so intensely, but it has. and i love it. i love how helpful he is. in the kitchen, with cleaning, with anything... his selflessness makes me want to be more selfless. his example in keeping the spirit in our home is inspiring. i am the luckiest girl in the world.

15 comments:

Shelley~Maren said...

Hayley (and Garrett), that is absolutely amazing. It must be so exciting having a simple "house" finally feel like a HOME now. I'm so excited and happy for you guys! (And maybe only a little bit jealous ;) ) hehe!

Katey said...

I love that you share this kind of stuff on your blog. It gives me hope that somewhere out there...I can find that thing for me and I can wait for a long long time if that's what I will actually get! :) I'm glad you're so happy!

Holly O. said...

Okay. That's enough. You're making the rest of us feel bad. I'M KIDDING!!! I am so happy for you, Hayley and Garrett. You both deserve each other!!!

buttercup said...

Isn't being married AWESOME? Thirteen years later we are still as giddy and in live and he still helps out and makes things better. I am so happy for you and Garrett.

Jamie said...

Oh, I love this post! How sweet. Glad your house is so homey now. I can't believe you've lived next door 5 years!! I like your new background.

Tori said...

You make my face smile. I truly think that the feeling of the priesthood in the home is an amazing thing. I'm so glad to see you both so happy!

Brie said...

i heart you. i am so happy for you hayley...i remember feeling those same things...everything is so new and fun, and it gets better. I remember folding russell's garments and feeling a bit overwhelmed that we were actually married...a good overwhelmed...but its so fun when you get to say words like, "husband"...i felt all grown up and giddy at the same time. its fun. eat it up. love the pics...i love your colors and simplicity. just beautiful.

Mom said...

Loved this post. I'm thrilled you are so happy and for the right reasons. Big hug to you and Garrett.

Heather said...

I'm so glad you a Garrett found each other.

Suzie said...

see. this is so much better than ranting Hayley.

totally made me smile, reading this, thinking of you two starting your lives...

Suzie said...

...makes me want to wake my sorry a** up and be happier in my marriage.

thanks alot! (kidding)

Sarah Young said...

I just loved this post. Isn't it great to realize that above and beyond where you live, Garrett is your home, your life together is your home, and no matter where life takes you, as long as you have each other, you're home.

Mike and Gin said...

Awwww...Cute....

100 Percent Cottam said...

awww, you guys are the absolute sweetest. i love it.

Melissa said...

You are OOZING happiness....and I couldn't be more thrilled for you!