1.27.2009

happy birthday hojo

Holly's birthday is today. I haven't gotten a present or a card in the mail to her yet - I stink & do apologize, hojo - but it'll come!

She's my big sister, and even though there were times she didn't love it, i'm glad we grew up together. We fought better than anyone could imagine, yet we're also closer than you could imagine, too. I've lived a life admiring her & looking up to her... We've goofed around & tormented each other. We've laughed at only things we've gotten - cause no one else is sick and twisted like we are.

holly, i wish we still had that dumb tape we made on that mini tape recorder thingy... i love that we can still do the perfect strangers dance. i love that we used to sing the golden graham song. i love that when i hear "she's my sister" i still well up with tears. i love that you share your boys with me. i love that you call me Iesha, even in the middle of Chicago. I love that you were my partner in crime in Sydney - sticking knees in people's back & taking fabulous home video of fat people.

I hope you have a fabulous birthday today...

9 comments:

Holly O. said...

That picture never gets old. I love you, Mrs. Ward. Thanks for the birthday wishes. "And I hope that she is glad that I'm her sister too."

Hayley said...

i know, i've used that picture before, but on my laptop - i couldn't find a more recent picture of the two of us. sorry ;)

tiburon said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!

Holly O. said...

I'm not complaining about the picture!!! It is perfect!

Hayley said...

oh, i'm sorry - i didn't think that you were complaining. i was just clarifying to all - i knew it had been used before.

Heather said...

That picture is classic, love it!

Jan said...

The picture is my favorite -- and Holly's right, it will never get old.

Happy birthday to Holly!

Mom said...

Priceless picture. I can remember that day.

Katey said...

I'm just gonna go ahead and comment on your blog now that we really are friends!

That picture of you and Holly is adorable. I love old pictures. :)