12.13.2008

mickey ears forever!

Garrett's lovely sisters & mother threw me a bridal shower this morning. I had a wonderful time!My mom sent these mickey ears out with my sisters. apparently she got them in disney world. i was given strict instructions to open that present as soon as the party started. i felt a little goofy (wrong character, i know) at first, cause i was with a bunch of women that don't know about our family & disney - let alone having never met me before... but after a few minutes i forgot i even had ears on. ha.
this is the gift table. i got lots of recipes & goodies to make those things. and i also got some pans, cookie sheets & other kitchen lovelies. garrett and i had fun tonight getting them into the kitchen - finding their little homes, etc. Liz made me a little book out of my name with marital advice from the people who came... I read it today on our way home & I was nearly in tears. (Thanks, Liz - that's so special to me!)
Tiffanie did the food... It was all delicious. Don't worry - I only eventually had 3 servings of the salad. and I'm not even going to admit to how much I enjoyed the chocolate fountain... lets just say that once it was just family left - i didn't hold back.
just another shot of me opening presents. thanks Emity for doing the note-taking for me during the party... i'll be working on thank yous soon!
Garrett came at the end and they were going to make him kiss me for each of the bows in my hair. after about 2 kisses, they didn't make us do that anymore. phew! i mean, it was only slightly awkward. not nearly as bad as the inappropriate comment Tori later made in the afternoon. (thanks for that Tori - I only avoided your mom's eyes for about an hour after that)

Thank you Ward Sisters - I really had a wonderful time & got lots of great things!

(and a special thanks to Holly who came up from St. George - just for this shower. She got stuck in a horrible snowstorm & it only took her 8 hours to get home.)

13 comments:

Mom said...

You look beautiful in the MM ears.
Glad you had such a great time. We are all loving sharing this special time with you and Garrett.

Sarah Young said...

You look so cute in your Mickey ears picture! You had me laughing at the bit about your friend's inappropriate comment. Way to leave us wondering Hayley! :)

100 Percent Cottam said...

aww, i love it!! happy shower, hayley!

Jan said...

This makes me smile! Just seeing you with your ears on and the happiness in your face makes me happy.

Dad said...

Yup, cute!

Jennifer said...

Now the question is...will you wear the ears on the big day? Your new family seems great:)

Tori said...

Glad you had a good time. Sorry about my comments (maybe, not really). I'd forgotten I'd said anything. :P But that's what I'm here for right? I love you Hayely and I'm so excited for you to be "officially" part of our family! You're already Aunt Hayley to my girls. :)
P.S. Have a fun and safe trip!

Heather said...

I love the ears Hayley, I was there when Mom bought them. Glad you had a good shower. xo

Jamie said...

Thank you for putting the first picture there at the top. I had a nice good laugh! Looks like you had a good time and got lots of good things

Kristin Jones said...

Those ears are so cute! What a fun day!!

Holly O. said...

I'd spin off into a ditch all over again just for those rolls...I mean to be at your shower. I kid. I did love the rolls but I loved being your sister MORE!

Dad said...

She's got a good family on both sides.

And tell me that Sarah MacDougle doesn't know about "inappropriate" comments. I know she didn't learn any from her mother. Was it Tori???

tiburon said...

Those are super cute!!! Looks like you had a great shower.