12.01.2008

finding joy...

I had a lovely Thanksgiving with Garrett's family. Wednesday afternoon, emotions were high & I had a little moment of sadness. it was going to be my first holiday without my parents, and I was going to miss out on the action. but, it wasn't that i was dreading my holiday with Garrett's family, cause I wasn't. I felt guilty for even being a little sad... but that moment passed, and I had a great time. I was able to set aside missing my family & just enjoy his family. we were busy, too. one thing i was most thankful for this Thanksgiving - figuring out that more and more, Garrett's family is awesome. I'm so lucky to be marrying into their crew.

Yesterday in church, one of the talks was about joy. the more I sat and listened to this speaker, the more I realized that I've got more joy in my life right now than I really ever remember having. Since I started paying attention to it, I guess. I wish everyone this same happiness this holiday season!

oh yeah... i got some big time bonding in with Garrett's neices and nephew this weekend... oh boy... are they adorable. i love them. all.

6 comments:

tiburon said...

So glad you have found some joy! And hooray for enjoying your holiday :)

I think it is fun to switch it up!!

TheFirstWard said...

Thank you Hayley for all of your help with the big move. I'm glad you found some joy in helping us and being with our family. You and Garrett are awesome!

MiaKatia said...

I love all the happiness and joy you are experiencing and sharing with us this year!

garrett said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! My family loves you so dang much... especially the kiddies. Love you!

Holly O. said...

I love that banner! One of my faves. You don't have to miss Christmas this year. Trust me, that one is a lot harder than Thanksgiving.

Heather said...

Oh I totally know what you mean about missing family at the Holidays. It was tough those first few years of being away at the in laws. I'm glad you had a great time though still. I'm so glad you are so joyful!!!