12.09.2008

avoidance

i'm supposed to be working on wedding invitations. its a big task & i guess i'm feeling a little overwhelmed. i went to mcdonalds for breakfast. and then i took a bath and finished my book. (very enjoyable book, by the way... i would recommend!) i've gotten through a page and a half on invites from the list, so i'm not being a total slacker, but... i should be doing better. tomorrow? let's hope...

here is what i am thinking about right now... what book should i start next?! here are the books i'm considering.
Any suggestions? some are heavy, some are classic, some are light & fluffy - but purely entertaining. What would you pick up this time of year? Have you read any of these that you would not suggest? Or - do you have an even better suggestion?

I promise I will post some pictures today. I've had requests for the new haircut, the tree & something else I just wanna share.

7 comments:

Mom said...

I'm reading the Invisible Wall and really enjoying it. I love the way he writes- just like he is thinking back to events in his life.
You need a couple of days to get use to being off. Tomorrow will be your killer get it done day.

Holly O. said...

Go fluff. Although I did really enjoy Pillars. And 100 years. Hmmmm, I'm no help. I haven't read a book in a while, I am not in the mood lately. How weird is that?

Heather said...

East of Eden is a fav of mine. Pillars is good, 100 years...I didn't like Love in the Time of Cholera so much, but I do need to try that one. Hmmmm did you decide yet?

MN said...

I love East of Eden! One of my favorite classics. I have been thinking about rereading it soon. You've got evil Cathy and then her son Caleb. He's one of the reasons I want to name a boy Caleb.

kristi lee said...

Just finished pillars. Good book...a few parts are slightly disturbing but GREAT characters.

Hayley said...

i went with east of eden for now. hoping that i get through it quickly & have time for some stephanie plum. ;)

Brooke Barragan said...

East of Eden is a favorite. In fact, I think I loaned it to you didn't I? The Power of One was really good too.