11.18.2008

overwhelming stress

so you're not going to be hearing too much from me on the blog circuit for the next few days. i'm in the middle of getting ready to move garrett, pick/order/print wedding invitations, compiling guest lists & collecting addresses, dealing with pms (i'm going to admit to that first and foremost, cause it explains at least something), parent teacher conferences, the prep going into conferences - report cards, coming down with a cold... my back hurts like crazy... and i'm sure there's others that i'm forgetting.

i've cried so many times in the last few days it's pathetic.

garrett does nothing but relax me & i'm so grateful for that. he's the only thing making me smile... he's handling my freak outs so well - once again, evidence that he's wonderful for me! i was telling my dad today that every single day right now confirms that i know i'm making the right choice... for garrett - probably not so much. poor guy :)

oh wait, brooke & chris coming to my class today and getting me caught up on grading papers, that made me smile, too... thanks again brooke & chris!!!

i look forward to next week when things slow down & i can take a deep breath!

11 comments:

garrett said...

You're my rock, too, babe. You're there for me as much as I am for you! Love you!!

Brooke Barragan said...

we had fun!

Jenny said...

Good luck with everything! That is a hefty list. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know! I kinda miss grading papers. ;)

Shelley said...

Darling Hayley. Your stress is satan's way of trying to get in your way of marrying Garrett. He's the one for you, and mr. evil satan hates that. Lean on Garrett and say a little prayer for strength to get through it! I'll say one for you too. :) I'm so happy for you two! I think Garrett is just as lucky as you are!

Holly O. said...

Sorry the invitations are adding to your stress. I take full blame for that one!!!

Hayley said...

holly - the whole needing to be ordered & figure out the guest list would've been stressful no matter what! you're not to blame. it just situational! please don't feel guilty about anything! i didn't mean to make you feel bad by saying that!

Mom said...

Just put one foot in front of the other and keep moving. Sorry about the back and hope you are mobile again real soon. This is a busy time of the year even without
all the extra you have going on. Hugs and kisses to Garrett for taking care of my baby girl.

Heather said...

You've gotten lots of nice words of encouragement. Hang in there sis!! I love you. xoxo

Jamie said...

I'd say, let me know if you need anything...but I'm not actually feeling that great myself. My issues are a bit different, though. I'm just a sicky!!! Hope the rest of the week goes by quickly for you.
When Alex found out he had brought the wrong garbage can he felt bad. He's such a good kid...but having your can "stolen" probably didn't help things along. :) Hope the week is over quickly for you!!!

The Bunkers said...

Why does this time of year (report cards/parent-teacher conferences, etc. etc.) seem to rule a teacher's life when it comes around!! It's insane! Good luck... I know EXACTLY how you feel! (even though I'm not teaching anymore)

tiburon said...

I hope things calm down too!

Hopefully you can relax this weekend :)