my mom wants to hear stories about the mustang aka the bitch. i'm sure she's thinking she's going to hear something way naughtier than she's really going to hear...
- the emergency brake didn't work. if you pulled it, something bad happened & it wouldn't drive. i didn't learn this from experience, i learned this from my dad. so i never pulled it. but people always taunted me with pulling it.
- the rear view mirror fell off all the time. so i was constantly super gluing it back up. then there was the one time i super glued my fingers together. pointer & thumby. brooke had to pry my fingers apart with a hardbound book. they bleed like crazy. all while i was driving.
- the air conditioning didn't work. the heating didn't work. that should be self explanatory - cause its super hot in the summer in chicago. and its super cold in the winter.
- the door often froze shut or maybe it wasn't the door, maybe it was just the lock. so if i was lucky, i could get in on the passanger seat & crawl over. sometimes i had to go in through the trunk. including one memorable time when this happened in the driveway of the people that i babysat for. it was a dark winter night. the dad had watched me from the door & when he noticed that i was having a hard time getting in, he came out. i wasn't aware that he was standing outside the car & was probably swearing up a storm. then i screamed when i saw him there & probably made both of us pee our pants.
- the car lurched. if the fan was going... you needed to compensate at stop lights/signs. cause you didn't stay where you started... i think i got so many dirty looks & a few gestures because people probably thought i was just an obnoxious driver - but no, i left ample room when i stopped at a light for a reason. and i didn't let off the break... it had a mind of its own.
so mom - i hope that wasn't anything you didn't already know.