10.23.2008

the warm up nearly killed me

last night garrett & i started doing p90x. its an exercise program. you do a different dvd everyday. the method is to keep your body confused, so you don't plateau. when i saw hojo's hot bod this weekend, i bought into the theory immediately.

and now i'm going to pay for it. we did the warm up & i was ready to be done. yes, that is the level of my patheticness. warm up did me in. i stuck it out though & kept trying. alls i'll say is this: i've never done so many push ups in my life! and i do girly push ups. cause i can't do the ones that they do. the military one was especially cruel. oh, and my carpet doesn't smell good. what do i do about that?

tonight is "plyometrics" which holly said is the hardest of all. what the??? you mean to tell me last night's workout wasn't the hardest? no offense hojo, but i'm kinda hoping she's wrong (or just differently opinioned)

do you think i wanted to cry this morning while trying to blow dry my hair? cause i did. i mean, i didn't actually cry, but i wanted to. my chest & arms are so sore & tired. last night in bed, i couldn't even be bothered to read, cause it hurt to hold up my book!

9 comments:

Misty said...

My husband has done P90-X and he LOVES it, but he does say it's the hardest work out he's ever done... as well as the most effective. I've tried a few of the discs and I really enjoyed them, but they do kick your butt. And uhh, Plyometrics is definitely hardest... just sayin.

Shelley said...

Rectum? It nearly killed 'em!

kidding... no idea about the new work-out etc... I admire you for doing them though! But try some Febreze for your carpet. :) Or, the shake on powder stuff that you let sit there for a while, and then vacuum up... No idea how long it lasts though!

Mindi said...

i feel your pain. just started up some hardcore stuff after a nice little break and my hair hurts.

Heather said...

I don't need P90-x to tell me plyometrics are hard-I love em!! Enjoy yourself tonight!

Tori said...

I am SO impressed! You go girl!

Tiburon said...

Please don't die.

Now I really want to try it!

Jennifer said...

I've heard nothing but good things about that program. I even heard of people leaving the gym because they are getting results at home. Sounds good to me. But I heard the workouts are like and hour and a half? Is that true? Whew...not sure if I could stick to that in the comfort of my house with no peer pressure. Peer pressure is what keeps me going through the workout:)

Julie said...

Love hearing about the P90-X way to be motivated Hayley- you are a good example. Keep updates on your progress.

Kristi said...

I did this right before I got prego and it was sooo hard!! I liked it, but dude--p90x means Buz-ness. with a captial B.

Do your best and forget the rest, baby. :)