10.24.2008

plyo conclusion

chest & back: i couldn't do all the moves. so i did simpler, modified pushups. still sore in the chest from that workout.

plyometrics: i could do all the moves, so i didn't modify so much. 45 minutes in - my body gave out. it reacted physically... with details that i'll spare you with, but if you know me, you can probably guess what happened. 15 minutes later, i scraped myself out of the bathroom & plopped into bed & didn't get up again. til this morning. and then, it was painful.

next time i have to face plyometrics, i'm going to take it easier. i don't have to squat so low, just because i can. i also don't have to jump so high. i need to remember that i don't have to do it as bad-a as tony is doing it.

p.s. tony horton - if by chance you ever see this, know that i will smack you across the face and beat on you until someone pulls me off of you, in the event that i ever run across you. you're my number one enemy.

oh - and i weighed myself this morning. down 4 pounds. i mean, i haven't weighed myself in probably close to 2 weeks, so - it can't all be credited to p90x, especially since i only have done 2 workouts. but i'm sure that this week, the strict diet of fruit, veggies & proteins, is probably helping. and the water consumption...

6 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm off to do my own plyo workout as we speak. I'll be thinking of you :)

Heather said...

AND I'm so glad to hear you have noticed some change on the scale, that can be super depressing when the numbers aren't budging and you are working your buns off...literally!

Hayley said...

heather - i'm not super compulsive about weight. (obviously) i just wanna see that my clothes are fitting better & that i'm looking better in the mirror. but i will weigh myself occasionally.

tara said...

yah, exercise, fruits, water consumption, and butt soup. Sure fire way to get results:)

NICE GOING hayley. you are going to look KICK A in that dress. good for you:)

kristi lee said...

It gets better. . .or at least that's what I hear per my hubby who began the whole X thing around here back in the spring. I've yet to jump in and do the whole program but I've tried bits of it here and there and although plyo's tough I think it's a FAB workout. Hang in there!

Tiburon said...

LOVE plyometrics!

Haven't been to been to the gym since Saturday. Feel like schlub.