10.20.2008

Happy Birthday Heather

today is (one of) my big sister's birthday. my big sister who used to share a room with me growing up. she used to tell me stories til i fell asleep. she'd even let me sleep with the closet light on. when i got sick in the night, she'd either yell for my parents or she'd take me in to them. she also used to make me sit up while i was sleeping, if i had a cough. ha. i'm pretty sure that she's still a light sleeper & i've even heard stories that she is known to hit scott if he snores during the night.

when heather & scott got married, i love hanging out with them at their house. when they moved away, i was so sad. but i loved going to visit them. still do, in fact.

heather's always been a wonderful example to me. she's smart, funny, talented in many ways... she doesn't judge me when i make mistakes, she just keeps on loving me. she doesn't judge me when i eat like a pork chop & laze about, she only encourages & tries to teach me. she laughs with and at me... and i do the same with her.

she's also been wonderful about sharing her kids with me, through the years. i hog babies, that's a pretty well known fact. but she has let me enjoy her children. she's let me spend many hours holding her babies, bathing them & changing diapers. some people wouldn't share like that. i've appreciated it over the years...

Happy Birthday, Heather! I love you so much! You've always been not only a sister to me, but one of my closest friends, too.

9 comments:

buttercup said...

Heather is pretty Awesome! Happy Bday Heather!

Heather said...

Ahhh, Hayley, you are the best!! Thanks for all that sweetness, most ;) of it was true. ha I don't remember making you sit up in the night, but I'm not surprised-sounds like something I'd do.

Shelley said...

Gorgeous picture of Heather & Hopey! Happy Birthday to the both of them this week!

tara said...

happy birthday heather. that IS a great pic of you and hopey:)

Tiburon said...

Happy Happy Birthday to Heather! :)

Tiburon said...

Oh and you are so gorgeous I almost want to punch you. And I mean that in the NICEST way ;)

garrett said...

Happy b-day heather! October birthdays are the best.

MiaKatia said...

Happy Birthday Heather!!!

Rebellious Roberts said...

wow cute pictures!! you both have gorgeous eyes!!!

blog hopping sorry!! :)