10.13.2008

adventures of a saturday afternoon

saturday morning - garrett went to weight watchers. where he managed to bring his total weight loss up to almost 40 pounds. (less than a half pound to go...) i am so proud of him. slightly jealous, too. cause while i'm not tracking points like he is, i have been cutting back, eating better and drinking so much water. and i'm not seeing any results lately. poop. anyway... that's a whole 'nother dilemna. so we already had plans set to go to dinner and a movie with tib & adam. but as we were trying to figure out what to do on a cold, semi-snowy sort of day, we both expressed the desire to just watch movies. and since we'd already agreed to see Ghost Town with Tib, we decided that we were still allowed to go and see the Duchess. and boy oh boy, am I glad we saw both.

both movies, in their own way, were fantastic.
The Duchess - i love historical fiction, especially English. especially anything in the Jane Austen era. this isn't a Jane Austen movie, but I daresay if you likey those guys, you'll like this. anyway - i loved the movie. i highly recommend going to see it! Ghost Town was definitely hilarious. i love Ricky Gervais. he played Steve Carell's character in the BBC version of the Office. he is outrageous. I love him. this movie is entertaining - definitely one i would recommend if you're looking for a whole bunch of laughs.

but the best part of the day, was the laughs that Garrett and I had on our own. We decided that if we were going to live it up for the day, we were going to do it right. so we bought a large marge popcorn & super sodas. i got my cherry coke refilled at least thrice. so you can only imagine that by the time we were done watching the Duchess, I really had to tinkle. as we're walking out, garrett was carrying the popcorn and his drink. i was rushing out so i could go... when all of a sudden i hear, "Hayley - help!" his pants were falling off of him. that's how much weight he's losing. do i help? eventually - after i regain composure. i laughed pretty hard. you know - the kind where you're doubled over, silent laughing. yep, that was me, while he mooned any and everyone behind him. good times. then... in between movie & dinner, we had about 45 minutes. just enough time to hit the target. i'd drained the bladder once, but by the time we got to the car, i hadda go again. i was still holding the drink and popcorn & as i got in, i noticed i had to tie my shoe. so i hand my drink to garrett and say, "can you hold this while i pee?" cause i was very preoccupied with that, apparently. this time it was garrett who was laughing his butt off. i needed to tie my shoe, you see, not pee in his front seat. i couldn't stop laughing either which only made the pee situation worse, i kept just saying "i'm going to pee my pants!!!" so in we go to the target to purchase garrett some pants that won't fall off his butt. we had a hard time finding his size. so while he was in trying on a few pairs, i found a pair of jeans that were the right size. didn't pay an ounce of attention to the style or cut - just took them to him. a few minutes later, i get a text from him saying "are these skinny pants?" and out he walked to show me. i almost peed my pants again. they were the trendy, super skinny, don't look good on anyone including teenage girls, skinny jeans. oh, boy - good times. obviously, we went with a different pair of jeans for him.

so we go meet tib and adam for dinner... good times. you can read tib's account of the evening here. on our way back to the theater, a dream car of mine was parked next to garrett's. i used to be such a freak about cars, i love them - makes and models... well this guy was a porshe cayenne & i said something along the line of "ohhh, if i were ever rich - that'd be my car," when garrett tells me he doesn't know that car. i unreasonably yelled, "IT'S A PORSHE!" cause i guess in my wierd mind, everyone should know and recognize porshe's. when i came to my senses, i realized how ridiculous i sounded & we laughed some more.

i love the silly, ridiculous laughs we share. and i'm also glad that he can handle my loud voice. we laughed so much on saturday - it was an awesome day.

8 comments:

Holly O. said...

Get your buns down here!!! I can't wait to see you and Garrett again.

Holly O. said...

Now Garrett knows he's gotta get you a Porshe someday. haha.

Tiburon said...

You freaking kill me. I already heard all about your day and STILL laughed reading about it!

Thanks again - it was so fun to hang on Saturday and I hope that Garrett still loves us :)

Shelley said...

Oh man, That had me seriously laughing out loud in more than one spot. I can so picture you hesitating to help him, and then peeing in his front seat, and yelling about the Porche! Mostly though, I can picture you laughing your head off at yourself, and I'm so so happy that you found someone that can do that with you. :)

caron said...

Seeing you guys together just makes me happy :)
That is all.

Heather said...

Poor Garrett and his too big pants! That does sound very funny, sorry Garrett. Why didn't you go for the "skinny" jeans? ha You are are right, those don't look good on anybody! Glad you guys had such a great day. I really want to see The Duchess!!

Sarah Young said...

There is nothing better than someone you can laugh your butt off with! Sounds like you and Garrett got that goin'!

As far as the apple/nike chip thing you put the chip in your nike+ shoe (there's a spot for it) and then you plug the adapter thing into your ipod and it tracks your run, distance, calories, etc... and it sends all the information to your ipod... so you can be jammin' to your playlist and also see you just hit your 2 mile mark too! Cool huh?! You also can log on to nike.com to track your progress, challenge other people to runs, etc...

Brittany said...

oh my word! I thought Duchess was really good, but so heartbreaking! Sounds like a fun Saturday!