9.13.2008

"scream!"

for some reason, i get the dumbest kick out of noticing people walking by. my house is on the 2nd floor and with this gorgeous weather, windows are open... people are out walking dogs. i like to sit near windows and look out on occasion. and for some reason i said the other night, "scream!" to garrett when some lady was walking past. he hesitated, but did scream. i didn't get to see her reaction. but i laughed. and laughed. and laughed. so easily entertained.

this morning, garrett and i kicked some a double s on the workout circuit. one of us did wii fit while the other jogged/walked on the treader. while i was on the treader, some guy was out walking his dog. i said, "scream!" and he did. immediately. the guy looked up and side stepped. it was perfect. i laughed again. way harder than necessary for the situation, but just right for me.

oh and last night at a lil' dinner party/housewarming party with a bunch of garrett's work friends, we played a fun game called "loaded questions." this whole screaming bit came up & everyone was very confused by our private joke that we giggled about through the whole round. the question was, "when is an ok time to scream?" and garrett, who was sitting next to me, wrote "when someone is walking outside" but i leaned over and whispered, "when i tell you to" - we definitely got some awkward glances at that. get your mind out of the gutter people! anyway... if you're looking for a fun game, pick that guy up for your next dinner party. would be best played if everyone knows each other pretty well.

8 comments:

garrett said...

This is for you:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom said...

You are lucky they didn't call the cops. Sounds like fun to me. A little crazy but fun.

Jan said...

I'm still laughing at this one. This is definitely something I have done in the past and may or may not do in the future. Gotta love that Garrett!

Sarah Young said...

You nut! You need to put a hidden camera up when you scream to get people's reactions and the send it into America's Funniest Home Videos. (My kids love that show!)

Shelley said...

This post totally makes me homesick for the good ol' Hawaii days. Hayley would yell at cars driving by (we practically lived on the highway)... No one ever got in an accident or swerved or anything, but I'm sure some strange looks were given. Garrett, if you wanna know what else she did to the cars passing by, gmail me ;) hah!

Mike and Gin said...

Hayley!

Wow! I am so glad you found me, I knew you had a blog but never got the address! Looks like you are doing very well! Congrats on the engagement!!! I look forward to reading all about your adventures.
:)

Christie said...

That sounds almost as fun as when I used to sit and watch outside my window and wait until people would walk by my car - so I could push the panic button. I'm pretty sure I made a couple pee their pants once who were making out next to my car. Classic.

MiaKatia said...

Oh man that was too funny! Scream when I tell you to. Ok mind back out of the gutter ;)