9.18.2008

kool-aid, my new bestie

so its been 6 days sans the dr pepper. i'm craving it something fierce today. but i also won't give in. i'm proud of myself. i've known i was pretty addicted, but just downplayed it, to avoid lectures from any number of people. mom, dad, heather; to name a few.

i was just whining to garrett about how i am craving big time. he said, "why don't you go attack that kool-aid?" and i barked. i forgot to blog about this last night, luckily for you - i'm off track & have time to do so right now!

last night, i made kool-aid (cherry, its the best) to go with our dinner. garrett didn't want to drink it, cause he's being super good - but for me, it was an added bonus to a semi-lame meal. that's fine - more for me. so, i poured myself a big glass. drank it. scratch that. gulped it all. set my glass down, let out a big, "AHHHHHHHHHHH!" and picked my glass right up again, drank the rest. another ginormous, "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" it was only after the second one did i realize my exuberance and get a little embarrassed. garrett, of course, mocked and teased me for the rest of the night. it just tasted soooooooooooo delicious to me at the time.

9 comments:

Elizabeth Ward. said...

I just read your blog to Madeline and she said "Haa! Hayley writes a funny blog."

100 Percent Cottam said...

you should try crystal light fruit punch. i LOOOOVE it.

MiaKatia said...

I am with Natalie, Crystal Light all the way!

Heather said...

Glad you are enjoying your Kool-aid. You certainly are enthusiastic!

Tiburon said...

Hey Kool-Aid!!!

Sarah Young said...

Just brush your teeth when your done! That stuff is pure sugar! (Who needs a mom to give you a hard time when you have me?) :)

Hayley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom said...

Sorry about the deletion above. I am at Hayley's and didn't sign in with my own name. I just wanted to tell you I'm proud of you.

Kristi said...

Mmmm Kool-aid and Crystal Light--great substitutes. I think you are doing awesome stayong off the Dr.