9.23.2008

its not a sleepover, but... it'll do

annie's been begging for a sleepover. this afternoon, we didn't get to have one, but she did come over pretty early in the afternoon. and we are having fun. she's just finishing a picture in her new coloring book. i'm "playing on my laptop for a few minutes," til its time for us to snuggle. we ran to the library, i needed to pick up a hold and also managed to find some books & dvds for our afternoon entertainment. i might've pushed a little for some charlie and lola dvds. i need to come to grips with the fact that i just like that show. we then went through the car wash, cause "our car is filthy!" and when the car wash started a second round, she said, "they could tell how filthy our car was!" i mean, it was dirty. then we hit the walgreens, grabbed a coloring book & some on sale candy. we've been coloring, snuggling and snacking. 'soon as garrett gets home, we're off to chili's for some chips and salsa... and whatever else we decide on. annie's said, "i wish we could live together" and "too bad i can't do this everyday!" so i must not be too lame an auntie today. i love this girl.

8 comments:

Tiburon said...

Awww Best.Aunt.Ever!

I want a sleepover...

Sarah Young said...

Man, I wish I could be a more hands on aunt. All my nephews live far away. If they saw me they'd probably be like Aunt Sarah who?

Shelley said...

Sounds like it'll do for a while. :) I'm glad you were able to pack so much fun into one afternoon! I mean chili's alone is well worth it! I love that she loves you so much. :) The only thing that would make days like that better is PICTURES. :-P

Jan said...

You're a fabulous auntie. The car wash cracks me up - -Miss Maya and I have sort of made that a tradition -- we love the dang car wash. And I love Charlie and Lola too.

Melissa said...

She is LUCKY to have an auntie like you!

Holly O. said...

Are you talking with a British accent now? As soon as I read Charlie and Lola, my mind automatically switched. I can't stop. Must stop. Can't. Must.

Hayley said...

oh i was doing a british accent all afternoon. annie kept saying, "hottie, stop talking like lola. i can't understand her or you!" she kept saying, "what?!?" at the dvd and me. it was pretty funny, how disgusted she was.

Heather said...

That's funny Hayley (your comment about the accents) glad you guys are having some fun.