9.17.2008

day 5

i'm noy gonna lie - i was pretty miserable yesterday. i had a killer headache. i think my spirits were pretty down, too. i felt weak, i felt overwhelmed, i didn't feel like doing anything. the only reason i didn't have a dr pepper is cause there wasn't any in my house & i didn't feel like going out to get one. pathetic. i pretty much sat and watched tv all day, napping here and there, but not exercising great (just the wii fit, not the treadmill) and definitely not cleaning like i'd intended to finish.

garrett took me out to dinner last night (pei wei) which is one of my favorites. once again, as soon as he came over, i was in a better mood. i went to bed last night with a pounding headache, but determination not to give in.

when i woke up this morning, i didn't have a headache. i started exercising right away... and kept at it for almost 2 hours. i just finished cleaning my office (mainly just my desk) and having a lil' lunchy. a tunafish sandwich & an apple. oh, and a glass o' milk. now - my head is aching, but i've been productive today.

on my agenda for the rest of the day: a trip to the library, figuring out what to make for dinner, and finishing my book. i'm halfway through. i need to have it finished so i can enjoy my weekend with my parents. my momma is coming out tomorrow - to help with wedding plans. then my dad is coming friday night. i'm excited to see them.

i can do this, right? give up the dr pepper, i mean. i mean, 5 days in - and i've definitely seen the worst of it, right?

8 comments:

Mom said...

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Sounds like you accomplished enough today for both days. Yes, I will be there by this time tomorrow.

Dad said...

Sorry you were sick....RALPH!!!!!

Heather said...

You can totally do this!!! You keep it up Hayley.

Mindi said...

don't do it.

life is not worth living without the dr.

Melissa said...

I'm with Mindi...don't do it! Why? No, seriously...why are you doing it?

Hayley said...

why am i doing it? cause i need to lose weight. i'm a heffer. that's why. i also wanna break the addiction. what i've been through in the last week is pretty sad. i'll drink again, just not so much and not so depenendently.

Tiburon said...

Man - Kicking the doctor is a challenge! Keep it up - you are doing great :)

TOWR said...

I thought about giving up the Diet Coke for a while, but then I thought, Why give up something that I love so much? I can't say it's the right choice for you, but it's made me happy. Good luck!!