9.21.2008

busy weekend

my mom made it out late thursday night - she spent the whole day at the airport trying to get out here. standby flying definitely has its disadvantages. but she made it finally. friday, we busted our chops and got many plans organized. friday night, my dad also was able to come out and join us. saturday we spent time with heidi & family. saturday night, garrett's parents, my parents & me & garrett went to dinner. that was fun - and went very smoothly. this morning, my dad made the butt crack of dawn flight, but my mom didn't. so went back to the airport & got her. she'll try again tomorrow. we got to go to church at heidi's ward, where emma was playing the piano in sacrament meeting. that girl is amazing. this afternoon, my mom is learning about the ritual of laze that garrett and i have perfected. eating, napping, more eating. i'm so glad i have another week off track. i've got more exercising to do, napping, and whatnot. ;) hope you had a good weekend, too.

oh & i made it through the weekend with no dr pepper, too. that's 10 days folks! amazing!

7 comments:

Tori said...

Busy, busy! Way to go with your dr. pepper adventures. Very impressive! I talked to Garth and he says no problem about taking pictures.

Heather said...

You do sound busy Hay, I'm glad you guys got so much done.

Kristin Jones said...

10 days?!?!?! You're on a roll to set some new record!! :)

Julie said...

I love the ring shot you have on your blog. Gorgeous! Good luck with all the planning- I still want an invitation.

Shelley said...

10 days is awesome. :) I'm glad dinner with both sets of parents not only went well, but was fun too. Who could ask for anything more?

Tiburon said...

10 days?!?! You are amazing. Fo real.

Melissa said...

Sounds like a busy but fun weekend with your parents...can't wait to check out your wedding blog!