8.11.2008

why is it happening so fast?

hunter has the aaronic priesthood.

emma turns twelve this week - i'm going to help her with makeup (just a little) tomorrow night.

annie starts kindergarten in a few weeks.

hope calls hunter "huntie" and sticks things up her nose. her babyhood is quickly disappearing. and i probably won't see her until christmas.

will walks. and goes down stairs.

connor started preschool today.

for the love of pete & all that is holy - why do they have to grow up so fast?! i think the unselfish thing would be for each of my sisters to have one more baby, but stagger them a year apart. and loan them to me for at least the first year. is that asking too much? i feel so excited about these accomplishments that my nieces and nephews are making, and yet, i also feel a certain sadness... i wish i saw them more. i wish i could be there for everything. i just hope they know i love them.

8 comments:

Hannah said...

You are such a sweet aunt. If you ever need an adopted neice or nephew...let me know. I'll let you take my kids.

MiaKatia said...

They do grow up so fast! You are a fantastic Aunt and I would loan you my kids too if we were closer and I have never even met you. Hows that for a little love ;)

Mom said...

They know it and love you, too. We feel the same way as grandparents watching them grow up so fast. It is nice to see they are going in the right direction.

100 Percent Cottam said...

you are sooo right, time is just flying by so fast. i can't believe my girl goes to "real" preschool this year! ack! it's crazy.

Holly O. said...

I know, I know. You can have your own babies. Because I really am too selfish to have more kids.

Dad said...

Talk about "fast", my baby has been teaching school for eight years! I'll tell you about fast, but I'd better hurry...

Jan said...

They know. I know they do. And I know how important it is to you that they do. But you don't need to worry about that - they know they are loved by you. And they love you back.

Tiburon said...

Time flies - and it just seems to go faster and faster. I wish my sisters were so into my kids :)