8.06.2008

india fusion

well, last night i decided that i'd be a good sport and go with garrett to dinner with his brother & sister in law. to an indian restaurant. i didn't want to be that girl - the picky eater one. so i safely had my "i've got a sensitive stomach" card in my pocket, ready to pull at any minute... but guess what? i didn't need it! the food was actually quite tasty. dad, this time, you'd be proud of me. garrett's been telling me and telling me about how good this place is. i kinda thought he was loco en la cabeza. but now, i take back that - he's not crazy, he's adventurous. and last night, so was i - and better yet, i even enjoyed it!

get the names of the things i tried: chicken ticca masala, mahkani murg, lamb vindaloo, and onion nan. holly, i know you're freaking out at me right now, and guess what - i didn't even have to put salt on my rice!

11 comments:

Hannah said...

I love indian food...but I have never been a picky eater. (Maybe I would loose some weight if I was a little pickier...)

You should try the Bombay House in Provo. Best Indian food EVERY!

Jori said...

Mmmm I LOVE Indian food. Try Royal India sometime. It's on 1300 E. and about 9400 S. Ryan is the one that got me into Indian Food he loves it. He took me to get Indian on one of our first dates. I'm an idiot when he said "Do you like Indian food" I was like "what do you mean navajo tacos'" Mmm hmmm I'm dopey.

tara said...

ha jori!! navajo tacos! i'm DYING!


I had pretty much that SAME meal on saturday night. isn't it the BEST? and the nan bread? LLOOOOVE it. pretty mild too, even for us more sensitive types:) I did have some embarrassing gastro-intestinal distress Sunday during Sac. Meeting but that may or may not have been caused by the Indian food.

Dad said...

I like buffalo steaks grilled over an open fire myself, that't the best Indian food I've ever had, but I didn't know they had Indian restaraunts :)

Mom said...

I'm shocked but you never were as picky as Holly. Ha
Loved Jori's comment. Too funny.

Holly O. said...

I am picky. Deal with it. I would TRY it (maybe) as long as there was no fish, no ketchup, no mayo, no onions, no mustard, no guacamole.

Heather said...

Guacamole? Have you tried it recently Holly, I love the stuff, but not until I was an adult. haha I'm not a huge fan of ketchup either. I haven't eaten tons of Indian food. I'll give it a try sometime in honor of you :)

Melissa said...

Makes me think of "Along Came Polly", glad you didn't have a Ben Stiller moment!

Mindi said...

you must be in love to eat that shiiiiizzzzzzzz!!

anything with curry in it makes me want to pull my hair out.

i think it was a test and you PASSED!!!

MiaKatia said...

I love Indian food! I am so glad that you liked it and that you had a good time.

Tiburon said...

This post makes me have to go to the bathroom.