8.18.2008

i can't spit?

don't you just love adding to the list of things you can't do? well i figured out this weekend that i don't know how to spit. marshmellows through a pvc pipe to be more specific. and i realized that when i don't know how to do something well, i feel stupid & am stubborn and won't try anymore. go figure, me stubborn!?

my parents got to meet garrett though this weekend & they really liked him. so that's good news. and annie really warmed up to him. she even voluntarily gave him kisses.

oh and porter is sure excited to have him around. he even said at our saturday evening dinner table blessing that he's "thankful that his future uncle could join us." i mean, that's only slightly embarrassing for EVERYONE ELSE, right? garrett handled it well, don't worry - he didn't get up and run from the table.

here's what i learned this weekend - marshmellow pellets can leave small welts. and garrett can bounce me into a scary zone on a tramp. and he enjoys doing it, too.

11 comments:

tara said...

mellow welts bite. and they ARE hard to blow/spit. I can't do it either, if it makes you feel any better. Jeff is the champion.

glad your parents like garrett. that's awesome:)

Mom said...

Did I miss something? I thought we were together most of the weekend and I don't remember spitting marshmellows.

Hayley said...

no mom - that was last night at garrett's parent's house for dinner... sorry - maybe should've explained better.

Shelley said...

Ok, I love Porter. The future uncle thing cracks me up! And I love that your family all loves him. :)

*makes kissy noises* ooOOoooooooOoo

Jan said...

Fun times! I love that your parents and family members like Garrett too -- he's passing inspections everywhere!

Heather said...

Oh good, I already knew Mom and Dad liked him though, I checked :)!! Sorry you can't spit the marshmellows, but in the big picture I don't think you should miss any sleep over it haha.

MiaKatia said...

Glad that everyone had a good time together this weekend. And I love Porter, nothing like a good embarrassment right!

Holly O. said...

I didn't know spitting marshies was something to be proud of. Don't you worry about it.

Mindi said...

we want photos of trampoline bouncing---really!@!!

Tiburon said...

I can't say that I have ever had a marshmallow welt.

Love me some Garrett :)

Jamie Harker said...

I can't spit either. It always ends up coming back on me...an my arm, down the side of my face, etc. That doesn't stop me from trying to do it. Like I what...think it looks cool? WOW!

Glad you had fun this weekend!