8.01.2008

guys, i have hit the jackpot

i came in from recess this morning after some of my kids... someone says, "teacher? what are those flowers?" not looking i said, "no, that's my scentsy." cause i thought they were talking about the smell. (which is apple scent, so i was kinda thinking morons) i walked towards my desk & at the same time noticed the look of confusion on their faces.

then, i saw these. Garrett had them delivered, with a sweet lil' note congratulating me on surviving the first week. i started laughing & crying all at once.

when i first "announced" us a few weeks ago, i was a little reserved & sarcastic - don't let there be a doubt in your head. i'm crazy about this guy. i dare say i've never been so happy. and its not just the flowers, cause while they're extremely sweet and generous - they're just another example of how thoughtful he is. he makes me laugh, he's smart, he's caring, he's a gentleman, he's everything a girl could dream about.

thanks garrett... for the flowers. for everything.

20 comments:

Brooke Barragan said...

don't let him get away

Holly O. said...

G Funk...Hayley, I noticed. And I am beyond thrilled someone is making you this happy. I am sure you put a smile on his face too.

Schagel Family said...

WOW!! He is way awesome. He sounds like a keeper.

Christina said...

This makes me want to laugh and cry, too, Hayley. I am so happy for you. You deserve this!

Mom said...

Sounds like a fun surprise. Glad to hear he lights up your life.

Carter Family said...

Ok, that almost made me cry too! When do I get to see his face? I don't even know what he looks like, not that it matters--tell me more about him!
**maybe we should just get together again**

Karyn said...

Yeah! I am glad you found someone who makes you so happy. You deserve it!

Jeppson said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOLY CRAP HAYLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jori said...

oopsie that last one was me. I was signed in on Ryan's

Suzie said...

k.
I AM a little teensy bit PMSing but I got all emotional reading this post because I feel you deserve the best and want so much for you to be happy!

:)

Heather said...

HAYLEY, that is great! He is making brownie points with the sisters too hahahahaha. Love you, the flowers are lov-er-ly. xo

Shelley said...

I love him (for you) already! I'm so happy that you're so happy! :D

Jamie Harker said...

I know we talked about this on IM today - but still - SUUUUUPER excited for you. Now off you go to fulfill my one request! :)

Kristin Jones said...

So, so sweet. Glad to hear that he's making you happy!

Jan said...

He sounds wonderful. And my guess is that if he is making you this happy, you are doing the same for him. I love it for both of you.

Tiburon said...

I am soooo sooo happy for you. It had to be the peanuts. Any woman that chops up peanuts and puts them in creamy peanut butter so it isn't so creamy should get roses.

Could you imagine what he would send you if you picked the raisins out of his raisin bran?

I heart him. And I heart that you are so happy. Happy Hayley is a good Hayley.

Mindi said...

lady--any man who is smart enough to send you flowers after the first week of school is a keeper.

reminds me of my russ. and those are hard to come by----

yay for men who step UP!!!!

Melissa said...

This is a good guy, flowers are always a good thing...Keep him!

MiaKatia said...

So very sweet. I love that he is making you so very happy!

Kristi said...

Hayley, I have been meaning to tell you how FREAKIN HAPPY I AM FOR YOU about Garrett!!!! WOOHOO! I already have a crush on him for being so stinkin sweet to you and I've never even met him. You sooooo deserve this, for real. For Real. You are one of my absolutel favorites!!! Seriously, so happy for you.