7.13.2008

kim's my hero

she's a tough one, that girl. i'll get to that in a minute. let me set up the scene for a minute though.

kim picked me up this morning. we went to church. we laughed and mocked our way through it. her singles ward is special. yet, we keep going back. that must say something about us - but we'll forget about that part. after church, we hung out. we may or may not have been poolside. you decide what you're comfortable with knowing - then go from there. if you think we'd be horrible sinners if we went to the pool, then we didn't. if you're ok with it, then good. later on, she was going to go home, but we just got to talking... then, next thing you know - its time for dinner. i made baked potatoes. then we watched a movie. she gets up to leave a little before nine. its still light out...

a minute after she leaves, she sends me a text, "i've got a flat tire!!! this sucks!" well, she hadn't been gone long enough to get very far, so i go flying down the stairs... see her out the window, in the parking spots outside my house. i get out there, she's emptying out her trunk (teachers never have empty trunks) and we dig out her spare. it was "piddily" we laughed so hard at the little tire. don't know why. then, what do i do? why, call my dad of course. he walks us through it - even though she knew what to do (and got out her manual)

so kim is tough (back to my original story, right?!?!) and she changed her tire. while i sat on the curb cracking jokes & talking to my dad. how typical is that???

here's the source of the problem: (love the camera phone. know it was dark. i had to photo edit)
can you see the nail??! it was huge!

we laughed really hard at the dent, when she got the tire off & rolled it over to the curb. i don't know why...

really though, she had the stuff to fix it, she caught the problem quickly, and it was still light out. by the time that she was able to go in & wash her hands afterwards, it was pitch black out.

so - thanks again dad, for your help & emotional support. and whoa kimmy! you're my hero. (she didn't freak out/spaz as i would've. and she just did it)

oh, and speaking of hero's - you should see the bag of goodies that tib dropped off for me last night. she set this teacher up! thanks tiburon! you're the best.

7 comments:

Christina said...

I'm great at being moral support, but not so much at getting the job done. Way to have buff friends who change tires. :)

Mom said...

I'm impressed, too. Glad you got the job done.

Mindi said...

if you are the type of girl who feels good about swimming on sunday, then i hope you can rest easy at night.......

i know i did after going thru the dq drive thru last night at 10:30pm. it was an ice cream emergency.

Holly O. said...

What did Alex think of all this action? Connor wants to know how he is.

Tiburon said...

Woo! That Kim is rockin! That Tib sounds like a stalker. I would move.

MiaKatia said...

I totally throw a fit when I have a flat tire, which usually happens in the pouring rain. Kim rocks.

Melissa said...

Still have never had to change a tire on my own...knock on wood. I'd call my dad or my hubby too!