7.09.2008

how do you stop a 2nd grader from drowning?

answer: you take your foot off of his head.

hahahahahahaha. is that only funny to me? i heard that today & almost fell out of my chair laughing. today was the 3rd (and final) day of my class that i was able to go to. here's a link to what the class is...

some might say, "why go to a class on your short little summer break?" my answer to them: cause my school pays for me to go, i get a binder with all kinds of FANTASTIC LESSONS, a big plastic storage bin to put all the stuff that they give me - and by all the stuff, i mean ALL THE STUFF, lunch, snacks & most importantly unlimited DR PEPPER. (i may or may not have given myself a cavity this week drinking. almost nonstop) basically, i'd be a terrible, thick headed teacher NOT TO GO. plus, my friends went, too - so it was even better.

so that's where i've been. been busy the last few nights, too... good stuff.

on my agenda for tomorrow: sleep in. clean my house. a lot a lot. hit the pool. let my week long vacation begin. and may there be many warm, sunny pool going days. (sorry jori. i bought sunscreen last night though!!!)

9 comments:

Jori said...

Well if I can't enjoy the sun at least somebody can right? At least SPF 50?:) I think your class sounds great. You are way smart to go.

Tiburon said...

HAHAHAHAH!! Love the joke.

Weird thing though. There is zero mention of lunch with Tib on your To-Do list.

My heart is breaking.

Jan said...

Sounds awesome to me -- I mean, unlimited Dr. Pepper, lesson plans, etc. etc? Sounds well worth your while.

Holly O. said...

That joke made me laugh my arse off. I can just imagine you holding them down.

Heather said...

Nice one Hayley. Unlimited DP, how could you NOT go????

Mindi said...

i'm with you on the dr pepper thing--as soon as more people get onboard that train, the better.

i wonder if the same joke applies to me stepping on my 14 year old's head as well.....might. kill. somebody. with . too. many. HORMONES!!!!

Mom said...

Sounds like too much fun for a training class. Glad you are enjoying your school time off.

Holly O. said...

Why is that joke still making me laugh?

MiaKatia said...

All you can drink? I would have been there to. Glad you had a good time!