7.21.2008

happy birthday momma

To those of you who don't know, Nedra is my mom's first name. She's always gone by her middle name, Marleen... But as her cruel daughters, my sisters and i enjoy throwing out a little Ned, Nerd, Neddie, what have you. She takes it in stride, as she's taken most everything in stride. I tell you what - you have gotta be one of the strongest souls in the world, to survive having 4 daughters. She did it with flying colors. In fact, she made it look easy.

My mom is happily married to my dad, just another example of making things look easy. She is a fabulous homemaker, she's a fantastic cook, she's a smart little cookie, she's confident, she's spiritual, she's a survivor, she's a daughter, she's a sister, she's the best cuddlebug in the world, she's hilarious, she's jovial, she's peaceful, she's beautiful and she's happy. I have never met a sincerely more happy person than her. I admire that so much.

happy birthday woman, i love you.

9 comments:

brookey said...

ok, crying. happy birthday marleeny girl!

Mom said...

I lie about my age. I think I turned 39 today. Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Mindi said...

hb to your momma!!


ps i'm diggin' the red hair--the woman has got it goin' ON.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Mom!

Holly O. said...

Yay for the Muz!!

MiaKatia said...

I love your sweet posts about your momma. Happy Birthday!!!

Richard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carter Family said...

Happy Birthday to your Momma! I can see where you get your good looks from! =-)

p.s. sorry about the deleted comment, I'm a nerd and was signed in to my parent's computer using my dad's profile and didn't realize it until after I had posted my comment...

Tiburon said...

Happy Birthday to your mommy!!! :)