7.15.2008

happy birthday hunter!

Here's a smattering of pictures of this kid. I love each of these pictures for some special reason. don't you love the days of pre-digital fuzz? i was just too excited. i didn't get that you had to stay back & focus a little.








Hunter is 12 today. i can't believe it has been 12 years since that baby was born. i was in the room when he was born. and then i was there for the first month of his life. i remember the sunday that he was blessed, i was going home the next day. it was probably at that point in my life, the hardest thing i'd ever done, leaving that baby. i remember i cried audibly throughout the blessing... then Scott brought him down & gave him to me & i just shook. i so badly wanted to finish high school in san diego. hunter was the sweetest baby, full of personality from the get go. i spent the better part of his first month of life hogging him. heather was "allowed" to hold him to feed him. she was so good about sharing him with me. i remember my mom and dad came out a couple of times & while i was going through my pictures, there are a few of someone else holding him, but i have so many (skinny biatch!!!) pictures of me holding that baby. i was in love, pure and simple. honestly, i can't imagine loving my own child more than i love him and the rest of my nieces and nephews, don't get me wrong. but there has always been an extra special soft spot in my heart for him, i'm sure because he's the first. and i got so much quality time with him.

I called and talked to Hunter yesterday. I asked him if he was excited for his birthday... his response made me burst into tears, i was so impressed. He said, "Yeah! I get the Aaronic Priesthood!" He has always had a love for the gospel and I've always admired him for that. He's a 12 year old kid, and he's not worried about a party, presents or getting spoiled, he's excited about the priesthood. I think that shows he's got wonderful parents who are teaching him the right things...

13 comments:

Jori said...

I love all of these pictures. I can tell from everything you and your sisters post about Hunter that he is a super special boy. That is so neat that he is most concerned about becoming a deacon.

tara said...

aww. i love the picture with the cape and the tape over his mouth. he is an entertaining neat kid.
happy birthday hunter:)

Mom said...

Tears came to my eyes as I read your post. Great pictures and brought back so many memories. He is really something and I do love him, too. Being the first, he has set such a good example for all to follow.

Heather said...

Ahhh, Hayley that was sweet. I looked for the Tigger picture, but it's packed still in a frame. Hunter really did have two Mommas at that stage, huh??

Brittany said...

I can't believe he is 12!! I feel like he should still be a toddler just like in college. You are such a great Auntie!!

Mindi said...

oh, that tigger photo!! what a sweet aunt you are to those kiddies.

Jan said...

I love it that he was excited about getting the priesthood. That sets him apart from many kids his age right there -- he's a great kid.

Tiburon said...

Awww what a cutie!! Happy birthday HUNTER! :)

Melissa said...

I love the Tigger pic...Happy Birthday!

Dad said...

Great pictures, and the memories are wonderful. Hayley, thank you for such a nice reminder of why I am so lucky.

MiaKatia said...

I love all those pictures. The sunglasses and pacifier is one of my favs. He really does sound like a sweet boy. I hope my son is as excited about the priesthood when he turns 12.

Red Bed Head said...

I see red hair!!!

brookey said...

i'm just glad you didn't post any other pictures we came across the other day.