7.31.2008

crunchy or creamy?

did you know that you can make creamy peanut butter crunchy? i have presently at my house creamy peanut butter. i like crunchy, too - but apparently when i bought this last tub, i was in the mood for creamy.

let me explain. or get to my point.

last night, i had about 100 things to do. including eating dinner at home, which hasn't been happening a lot lately. i was actually craving a pbj. i had laundry to do, i had laundry to put away, i had vacuuming to do, i had tidying to do, i had bills to pay, i had phone calls from school to answer to, i had tib's house to visit to get dog-sitting details. my eye was twitching, but that's been going steady for almost 2 weeks now.

so, the pbj was not only what i wanted, but it was about as fancy as i was going to get. which is fine, for just me. but then with garrett coming over - i felt a little stupid. i'm not one for trying to impress people. i know i can cook. i think he isn't doubting it, but still. two slabs of bread? i felt a lil' chumpy. then when he mocked my creamy peanut butter... i got an idea.

so i whipped out my fancy pants zyliss chopper. and broke out some peanuts. chopped them up & wah-lah... crunch peanut butter. see?!? i'm not as dumb as i look. i said, "what my baby wants, my baby gets." that's a quote from a movie. bozo button to whoever knows where its from.

8 comments:

garrett said...

That's right, I MOCKED your creamy peanut butter. Creamy is so LAME. But thanks for making even PB&J something special.

P.S. I cheated and found out what the quote is from... I should have known...

Sarah Young said...

Hey there woman! That was a fun surprise seeing your name pop up on my blog! I may have to do a little techno-stalking myself now and catch up on what you've been up to!

P.S. I myself am a creamy PB girl, although if offered crunchy I wouldn't turn it down. I mean let's face it, creamy or crunchy, PB is quite possibly one of the worlds finest creations!

Shelley said...

Baby wanted 12 lemons!

Tiburon said...

You are sooooo whoooooped.

Oh and the Break up

Holly O. said...

The Break Up...Vince says it best!

Holly O. said...

I am not the first, but I totally got it without seeing anyone else's answer.

Carter Family said...

I like them both myself, I have even been guilty of sprinkling chocolate chips on my spoon o' pb too! (for that peanut butter cup craving)

Heather said...

For a classic PBJ...I think creamy is best...although I do love crunchy. For a PB on the spoon, I do believe crunchy is better.