6.26.2008

thankfuls

tib's always thankful for things. sometimes i feel like an ungrateful jerk, for not having things every week to share. mostly it just cause the week moves too fast for me. but here we go...

1. my students. the good, the bad, and the ugly. i'm used to them, they know what i expect & i even really like a couple of them. rumor has it that the next group we're getting is harder than this one. i have a hard time believing it, but i'm trying not to be ignorant.
2. my dad's blackberry. cause while he's traveling internationally this week (dubai & kuwait) i can communicate with him.
3. my team. the ladies i teach with. they put up with me. they don't mind my crass sense of humor, they let me rant and rave on occassion (scratch that. daily basis) and they don't roll their eyes to my face. we had dinner last night & it was fun. not my favorite place to eat (semigood food, expensive price) but the entertainment was supurb.
4. kickball tournaments. its keeping things busy at school. and we're getting to spend time outside. yes, its hot. but its nice to be out, even still.
5. chuck. i know, i complain about 'him' a lot. but lets face it, if chuck didn't exist, i'd lose half my material. and - chuck is evidence that i'm living life. i eat when i'm happy, i eat when i'm sad, i eat when i'm bored, i eat for entertainment. that's life. (for all of you who are confused. my belly = chuck. something that big deserves a name!)

5 comments:

Jori said...

Crap, I forgot it's Thursday. I'm thankful for you Hayley.(don't go rolling your eyes at me,I mean it:)

Emily J. said...

I love that your thankful for chuck, I think I should be thankful for my gut that's slowly coming back. ;)

tara said...

chuck brings me joy too. I'm thankful for chuck and for the fact that you are never too shy to whip him out. (FYI, hayley DOES have to push pretty hard to create chuck:)

Heather said...

Funny Hayley, I enjoy Chuck too. You funny :)

Tiburon said...

Awww Hayley - I heart you. I think I might have to name my butt and gut - in your honor.