6.13.2008

thankful thursday... a day late

Tiburon always does Thankful Thursday. I almost always end up tossing over the weekend the post it note that I started my list for the week on. Today, I'm posting what I'm thankful for this week, even if its a day late. I figure better late than never! plus, this is just a recap of my nonblogging week. so... here goes.
  • "Butterflies in the sky"... or - Reading Rainbow. That song has been in my head a lot this week, cause we've watched it a time or two this week. For all of you mom's struggling to keep your kids busy during summer - a half hour every morning watching this show won't kill them!!!
  • Helpful brother in laws... David is coming over tonight to help me with my bum toilet, again. He's not only my sister's mr. fix it, but he's also mine. I appreciate his willingness & ability!!! Saves me from having to call in a plumber.
  • Feeling better! and for a weekend. my last 2 weekends were spent resting & feeling miserable. Being sick isn't fun. I still wouldn't say I'm 100% normal, but lets face it - am I ever? This weekend I want to clean my dingy house, enjoy sitting on my patio and reading, and maybe hanging out with some friends.
  • This time of the school year... we're wrapping things up & i'm enjoying these kids. I'm also starting to get a few things here and there ready for next year. plus the cleaning out files & organizing... bring's out the dad in me & i love it.
  • My sister's babies. I love all of my nieces and nephews, don't get me wrong. But I just want to share a few recent pictures I've seen of Hopey, Will & Connor - the babies of our family. It kills me that these are the babies. if I don't have any of my own. they're growing way too fast. hardly even babies anymore, but they will always be in my heart.(this picture is by Deb @ Funny Face Photography... she's awesome!)

10 comments:

Hannah said...

Those are DARLING kids!

Holly O. said...

I love that you keep a running tab of things to be thankful for for the week. And I love the babies too.

Mom said...

Cute pictures. I think you know your sisters all love the way you love their kids. No question about it. Your comment about "are you ever normal" made me laugh and I will enjoy that for a couple of hours at least. Good luck on the toilet fix. You have a super fix it man and glad he is able to help. Yes, this is a good time to be ending the school year. Have fun with the kids and they will always remember you.

Jori said...

Oh my gosh! The bambino's are SO cute!

Jan said...

It's so nice to find things to be thankful for -- and I know how much those little ones love you. You're making a difference to them that will always be part of them.

MiaKatia said...

Oh man those are some cute and photogenic babies! I love that you are feeling better. How cool is it that your bro in law will fix your bum toilet, hope it works. Have a great weekend, not being sick n bed ;)

Kristi said...

What a sweet list, Hayley--I am so glad you have a healthy weekend ahead of you!! Woohoo! And holy freakin crap those kids are absolutely adorable. Seriously.

100 Percent Cottam said...

love it! i can't believe this school year is ending. it seems like you just got those kids. love the pic of connor. he looks so grown up!

Heather said...

You are funny :) Did Mr. Fix It fix your toilet? Hope so!! I love that you love the babies too. Hopey said Hayley today...she knows you are awesome too.

Tiburon said...

I am LOVING your list this week! Thanks for playing :)

And I have never done the reading rainbow - I will force the kids to watch next week. I will tell them that Hayley wants them to and they will be all over it!