6.10.2008

survived the zoo

but barely. i'm exhausted. i can't see straight & i'm shaking with every key that i push. i walked more at the zoo today than i have in the whole last week combined! i wish it were winter right now, just because it would already be dark out & i wouldn't feel like the world's biggest loser for being in my jammies. i'm watching a few things off of my dvr & then i'll be crawling into bed to "read" until its dark out. then i'll just stop holding my book & pretending!!!

all sleepies aside - i had a fun day today. i was able to basically walk & visit with 2 of my favorite teacher friends all day. we caught up, we teased, we snorted in laughter. i'm so thankful for friends. i think had i been there with people i don't enjoy as much as them, i might've had a miserable day.

good night & don't call me - not just cause you're going to wake me up, cause you won't - i'm turning my phone off!!!

9 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

i'm wishing for winter, too. texas winter, of course.

Mom said...

Glad you had fun at the zoo. Sounds like a great day and you even had cool weather. It is hot and humid in Chicago.

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Fun zoo day for sure, glad it was you and not me!

Schagel Family said...

I am glad you had a good time at the zoo. I really hope that you feel 100% better really soon.

Jan said...

Hope you can get feeling great in a hurry -- sleep as much as you can -- I think sometimes that's the best medicine you can take.

Jori said...

Why did you un plug the damn phone? I was just about to call.;) Can't wait to hang with you guys!

Heather said...

The zoo sure does poop one out! For sure.

Tiburon said...

I didn't call you. But I wanted to.