6.25.2008

making an effort

i've been trying lately. trying to get excited about dating. trying to find opportunities to meet people. trying not to think everyone in the world is the biggest swearword. so - i have been doing ldslinkup.com (mainly cause its free) i've been talking to a couple of people, etc. last night i got an email from a not cute guy that said "ur kinda cute :) wanna chat?" um... no, i don't.

1st of all... if the best you can come up with is "kinda cute" - move on dude. i don't want you settling on me.
2nd of all... ur, kinda, and wanna - don't make a great impression on me. yes, i realize that on my blog, i barely capitalize things. but its my blog. i'm fully capable of correct grammar usage. 99% of the time, if i make a mistake, it was intended. but i don't do this when i'm introducing myself, giving someone a first impression of me. then, i use capitals & spell things the way they're supposed to be spelled. i do not use IM lingo. cause i don't want people to think i'm an imbecile. did i mention said guy wasn't even cute?!?

here's my response: If I'm only "kinda cute", probably not. You can surely find someone better than that.

i know, that was rude, but i think he needed a little slap in the face to know that his words, while probably meaning to be nice & charming, were actually nothing but offensive. i did hold back, i wanted to say "especially cause i don't think you're cute at all." you see, i'm trying.

12 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

funniest post EVER!!! i love me some hayley. nice work. he had at least that much coming, if not more.

hooray for you for making an effort. i've still got my eyes peeled for a hayley-worthy man...

Tiburon said...

Hayley you slay me. I cannot get over it! I am proud of you for making an effort. I hit on every single guy I meet - just for you ;)

Hayley said...

crap. he responded. here's what he said: Lol alrighty then U are way cute :) U are actually one of the first gals that caught my eye on here the other day :)

i'm not going to respond. arg.

Holly O. said...

He's probably your husband!!! The fact that he can take a hit from a Jones girl and come back for more give him a few points, don't you think?

Hannah said...

ha! You are hilarious!! Way to make an effort!

Jori said...

I just DIG you! I so wish I had a great guy for you. You deserve the best. Thanks for making him feel like a complete arse and for saying "imbecile"

Oh I just noticed you got a response from him. Holly's right he must have some cohoney's to not hang his head in shame.

tara said...

that dude has got some nards. even if he IS a giant pile of ugly.

YOU KILL ME HAYLEY:)

i loved getting to spend some quality time with you the other night. you are always a blast lady:)

Emily J. said...

Hee hee...that was a very good effort! I'm still laughing.

MiaKatia said...

Oh man that is just too funny! That surprises me that he came back for more. Is there a possibility he is cuter in person. Ok but you still have to give the guy points for trying... Good for you for putting yourself out there.

Jan said...

I guess it's good that now he says you are 'way cute'. Ha!! Be picky, Hayley. Be very picky! You deserve the best.

Dad said...

I met on on single guy here in Kuwait - the Shiek of Arabiek and you would be wife one!

I like Tib's comment, we need to get all your frinds involed in the search, he's out there waiting.

The Shiek is my second contribution in the last two weeks, ant status on the Chicago mission connection?

Kristi said...

That was awesome! :) You makeme laugh woman,a nd I am sooo with you on the whole "wanna" and "kinda" and "gonna" I mean when trying to impress, maybe let's don't skimp on the language usage...I'm with you, Hayley.