6.01.2008

i swear if it happens again...

last night my neighbors across the street decided to have a "kegger" at about 11:30. a smoke out on our patio with all of our loud obnoxious friends kinda kegger, while drinking & getting more and more drunk with each ciggie. (i'm not positive i'm spelling kegger right here... i hope you can figure out what i'm talking about) this happens most weekends, these girls have parties, people go out on the balcony to smoke. "but with the nice weather and all - why do just the smokers have to go out and enjoy the cool breeze," is what i'm thinking they're thinking... "lets take the party outside."

and that's all good and fun for them. not for the 20 other buildings housing at least 3 families a piece. especially not after midnight. i was tired last night, too. recovering still from friday's flu (although thanks to tib's miracle drug - at least i wasn't nauseated anymore!) so i had been asleep before the party started. for a while. but then they had me wide awake - cause lets face it, some of the things were so loud, so obnoxious, and so crude - it had me entertained. i was embarrassed for their sober selves. normally i would be outraged, but i figured - eh, its a saturday night. i'll let someone else get hostile with them.

and someone else did. around 1:30, i hear "HEY YOU! SHUT UP!!! IF YOU DON'T - I'M CALLING THE COPS!" these obnoxious drunk people got a little intimidated & for the next little while, they kept it to just the smokers out on the patio/balcony. (although they still weren't that quiet & did get louder as time went on) and i finally turned on my tv & fell asleep to the tv noise covering up the drunken party slut's noises. which was better.

but tonight - their next door neighbors - they're out doing pretty much the same thing. only they started at around 8 pm. i swear - i have to work tomorrow - if they keep me up, i will be phoning in some troubles. although part of me doesn't want to waste a call in to the cops on these people, i wanna save it for the every weekend partiers.

i think what i'm going to do is start blasting music @ 5 am when i get up for the treadmill & see how they like it. hey - two can play at this game, neighbors!

(that is, if i can drag my butt up at 5 am for the treadmill)

11 comments:

Jori said...

Oooh I hate the late night party people! makes me SO mad. I always blast my horn early the next morning as I'm driving by, a little passive agressive revenge.

Suzie said...

Seriously one of the most aggravating things to deal with.
I mean, they're your neighbors. You gotta keep the peace. But it's your freaking home!
argghhh!

hope you're feeling better!

Shelley said...

I only know what a kegger is because of Men in Black... Rip Torn/Zed's character says "I'm not hosting an intergallactic kegger down here" hah, good times.

Oh, and I so LOVE that you called it "the drunken party slut's noises". Too freakin' funny!

Jan said...

Totally frustrating. You don't want to be the bad guy, but you don't want to have to put up with it either. Yuk.

Melissa said...

I totally think you should blast your radio at 5am. They are sure to have one hell of a hangover headache and that'll show them!

Kristi said...

Holy crap, those animals. I love a good kegger, though. just kidding. Personally, I think the 5 am idea is a fabulous one, Hayley!

MiaKatia said...

Ohhhhh late night loud obnoxious drunk people. I hope that you ended up getting some sleep. Did you blast your music?

Erin Singleton said...

I can totally relate to this because I suffered through the WORST neighbors in one of the old apartments we lived in. I got SO SICK of calling to complain about them. I'm so sorry you have to deal with it - ugh! I think your idea of blasting music at 5am is awesome.

Holly O. said...

As you well know, I am usually the one up late hosting a loud, rip-roaring party. Riiiiiiiiight.

Heather said...

Call the cops!! I have before :)

Dad said...

Dog poop in a flaming bag on the porch may keep them quiet for awhile ....