6.09.2008

drug induced humor vs authentic humor

warning/excuses: i'm heavily medicated. not so heavily medicated that i can't drive (anymore) or be around small children. (they've suffered through me all year, they can survive another 3 weeks)

sometimes when i'm medicated, i get real funny. at least in my little whacked out world. but all the same, i giggle. and get so highly entertained, that i don't care if rootbeer is uncontrollably fizzing all over my sweatpants, or if my extremely juicy apple is getting all over my planbook. cause you know why? at least i'm not crying anymore in searing pain. and i was there this weekend.

so - i know i had my dad worried this weekend with silly things i said. i said something about having my blinker on, when i was laying in bed. and i just now made a comment to tib that i was almost in tears over... and then, i held my breath. cause what if she didn't get it. but she did, cause she's tib. and she gets me.

the bottom line is, i know i don't entertain everyone. i might even annoy a few. but i keep myself smiling, most of the time. and this weekend, i've tickled my own fancy a few too many times. (we're not supposed to be able to tickle ourselves!!!) and i think its the drug induced self that makes "normal" hayley - the one thats buried deep inside, chuckle. at least i make me smile. drug induced hayley isn't nearly as cynical or sarcastic as authentic hayley, she's just much sillier.

10 comments:

Tiburon said...

I do get you. You crack me up like no other. And I am not saying that to be a kiss up :)

Jori said...

druggy hayley,pissy hayley,happy hayley,sweet hayley we love em all!

Jan said...

I just love Hayley. Period. I think you're wonderful, drug-induced or not. Amen to Jori's comment.

Mom said...

Sometimes I laugh outloud for days over something you said.

100 Percent Cottam said...

glad to hear the drugz are working out for you! silly is good. so is no searing pain.

Holly O. said...

Glad you are feeling a teensy bit better.

Heather said...

It's you at your most comfortable. Glad you are better!

Christina said...

So glad you're starting to feel better. A little silly is a lot of fun, in my book. I'm glad the pain is gone and you're cracking yourself up!

MiaKatia said...

I just got through the last three posts and first off I am really glad you are feeling at least a little better. Being sick stinks. Also feel free to crack yourself up, you make me laugh too!

Melissa said...

We all would be a little looser if we were all drug induced...that's way more fun :)