6.16.2008

a dance recital turned into a sleepover

friday night, i went to annie's dance recital. she rocked the house, in my humble little opinion. i wish all girls had her self esteem & i pray that she keeps it. she wasn't nervous or embarrassed about being on stage in front of a huge audience. i always would have been, not just since i got chubby.

when she saw me from down the hall, she ran into my arms with so much excitement, i almost felt guilty. it didn't matter that the rest of her family was there, or her other grandparents... she was just so excited to see me! man oh man. way to melt someone's heart!!!

then we were off to my house, so my fabulous brother in law could work on my toilet. which he fixed... while we were there, punks decides that she's due for another sleepover. and manages to talk us into it, and convince us that she doesn't need her blankey.... which i didn't think she would be ready for, i honestly expected to be dragging her home to get it. but she said she was a big girl & didn't need it... and she didn't. i was proud of her. it is amazing what we do to get our way. ;) she told us that since we'd need to go to the store to get ice cream, we could also pick up a tooth brush for her... which we did. and she slept in a t-shirt of mine for jammies.

and she never stopped smiling. especially not when she talked me into some mcdonalds for breakfast, snuggling during a movie, coloring in my coloring book, playing at the park, or especially when i told her that we were going to go see Kung Fu Panda with Porter.

in fact, she was ticked that we weren't dropping him off afterwards & going on with our weekend o' fun. she didn't want me to take her home, she wanted more...

and when i showed up yesterday for a scrumdiddiliumptious dinner, she wasn't thru with me either. we did make overs, she did my hair & we painted toes. with emma... it was a great weekend with my sister's kids.

11 comments:

Jori said...

Greatest auntie ever!!!!! Seriously can I be your niece?

Oh and I love what you wrote about week 6 weigh in!

100 Percent Cottam said...

that's so awesome! how fun that you have such a sweet bond with that girlie...

Holly O. said...

That does sound fun. This weekend you can bond with some of the nephews.

Kristin Jones said...

Seriously, those kids adore you! You are the best auntie ever!!

Mom said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Glad you got your toilet fixed along with enjoying the company of Annie.

Jan said...

I love how much that little one loves you. It's so good for her AND for you.

tara said...

awww man. I never had "cool" aunts. In fact, I'm NOT the "cool" aunt either. They'll always love you best. even when they are big and you have your own ruggies running around:)

I love your tribute to your dad too. lovely. He's just the best:)

Shelley said...

You ARE the best auntie ever! I hope I get to be half as fun when I'm in Nashville! I just feel bad because Paula's kids are in Spokane and that's so so far away! So I miss them a lot! *sigh* Glad you had a fun weekend!

Suzie said...

freaking sweet aunt, you are.

Melissa said...

Can you come over and be nice to my kids too?

Emily J. said...

You are seriously the funnest aunt ever!!