6.30.2008

bridal suggestions?

i got to thinking last night - i would like to throw brooke a bridal shower. only bad thing is: her wedding is one month from tomorrow. and, july is just about the busiest month for me, so we are having the party on july 16th... the night before all of the madness starts for me. which means, i've got just over 2 weeks to whip up a party. i'm getting invitations tonight & mailing them tomorrow... i figure i need to have other people put it on their calendars, too - then i can figure out what we're doing later.

is anyone good at this? i don't want to have to do any lame games... there will be no toilet paper brides. i want simple & classy. any good ideas on those kinds of things? oh and of course, food suggestions, always helpful...

please please please - gimme gimme gimme... i'm not above sharing, stealing, and or bootlegging your creative ideas to give my friend a great bridal party.

and yes, my eye is twitching. arg

oh yeah, for your creative musings: brookey's colors for her wedding are black, white & khaki. with wildflowers. so... put that in your pipe & smoke it

8 comments:

Tiburon said...

just emailed you poodle.

I did a couple of cute things for a recent shower. :)

100 Percent Cottam said...

don't knock toilet paper brides, my friend. that was a HIT at my shower.

Jori said...

I hate games too. All I'm good for is good salad recipes.

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I did a garden party theme for my niece last august. It sort of resembled a tea party but with cool drinks and treats. If you want more info or pics let me know :)

Kristi said...

holy crap, I am so bad at this stuff...I wish I was any help whatsoever...You are a good friend to whip this bad boy of a party up!

Holly O. said...

Don't bother with games. Do try hostess with the mostess blog for some decorating ideas on the cheap. She's sure to have a cute theme for you to play with.

tara said...

oh I am SOOOO not your girl. serve food and they will come. that's all I got.
GOOOOD LUCK!

Mindi said...

do a BRIDAL jeopardy game--divide into two teams, have 5 categories (ie, all about bride, name that tune, lds urban legends, all about groom, and misc) and have the room divide into two teams. it's a lot of fun, you can be eating while you do it and everyone gets really competetive. i just put this together for my 20th reunion and we laughed our butts off.
it's not your typical lame shower game and everyone finds out a little bout bride, groom, and life